
than cooling off on a hot summer day with a dip in the pool! A dear friend Michele invited us over to her house to take a swim. And with the all the humdity that we have been having, we happily obliged! The kids had a great time. I did too, if I may say so myself, LOL. 
I was really proud of Leilani at how long she has come. Just 3 summers ago, we would go to Arlene's pool and she would REFUSE to get off the steps. The following year, it was the same thing. She would only get away from her duties of Stair Flower, if someone was carrying her, preferably me. Then last year my mom sent her a life jacket. With that she gained a little more confidence to get away from the pool edge. And since last year we spent alot more time poolside at either Arlene or Michele's pool, by summers end she was jumping in and splashing around. Only downfall to the lifejacket was that it would give her a nasty rash around her arms and neck. This year I told her that she would be graduating to swimmies (you know those things that they put on thier arms that look like muscles....those!) I told her that if Christopher can swim around the pool with them (he did all summer last year) then she can too. And so she did! She even ventured into the deep end ever so cautiously. I am so proud of her. Way to Go Leilani!
If it’s not broken, don’t fix it
5 years ago





0 comments:
Post a Comment