CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, June 18, 2006

Happy Father's Day

Phew...is it hot out or what! Seems that summer decided to just pounce on us this weekend! The weather channel says it is 95 degrees right now....can we say HOT!

Garage Sale...
So it seems that our garage sale didn't go as awesome as we would have liked. I suppose it has to do with the fact that it was the very first HOT HOT HOT weekend. Not that we didn't sell anything at all...We did happen to sell $110 worth of stuff. But when you figure in the $50 it cost to place the ad in the paper, we made a whopping $60 profit. Well that will go towards the cocktail table I want for the living room....

Bright Eyed and Bushy Tailed Off to Target...
We get our Sunday newspaper ads with our Saturday paper. After having the Intex Easy Set Up Pool for 4 years, I thought it was time to retire it this year for a newer model. Intex now has a metal frame pool, which I love since the Easy Set Up one...isn't that Easy to set up. As hard as you try to get the bottom of it leveled, it never seems to agree with you. The ring that you blow up, always seems to lose air...and the pool never reaches its 30 inch potential. More like 25 inches. So while leisuring looking at the ads, I found the same size pool but in the metal frame variety...for $88! We have priced it at $150 since April!

Me knowing that the store doesn't carry a large inventory of seasonal items, I woke up at 7am, showered dressed and was out the door by 7:40am. I drove down to Target, waited for the store to open at 8am and shimmied my way to the Seasonal Aisle. Sure enough they only had 2 in stock! I hauled one into my cart (man are they heavy!) and made my way over for some swim diapers for Chris. Then I remembered I had to get Leilani the Twister game I had promised her, so back I went towards Seasonal to get Toys. Mind you it was only 2 minutes since I had left that department and the other pool was GONE! I overheard a lady asking the sales associate if they had more in the back. He responded no, the best she can do is get a rain check and hope they get more in. Lucky thing I went there first!

So right now we are filling the pool up with water. The kids can't wait till it is ready for thier swimming enjoyment! And now we are grilling some burgers. Can't wait till after dinner to make some Coke floats....a perfect way to top off a hot Father's Day weekend!

0 comments: