CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

The End is Fast Approaching.....

The end is fast approaching! It seems even faster since today was the first of Leilani's half days from school. It isn't really half a day, more like early dismissals. She gets dismissed at 1:30 instead of 3:05pm which is the regular time. The teacher's have been sending home folders for them to work on over the summer. I think Leilani may be the only child in her class that is excited to have work for the summer! LOL She really loves playing school, and I really enjoy making sure she doesn't "forget" what she learned throughout the year.

Today I wrote all the thank you cards for the teachers and the bus driver. This time is always so sad for me. I really enjoy letting the teachers know what an important part of Leilani's and our life they have been but it is so sad to have to tell them goodbye. I sometimes wish the teachers, especially when they get a good one, is promoted with them. But I suppose that isn't good for the kids because then they get comfortable with the teacher. Anywho, I finished up the cards and bought cute little gift bags to put the mall gift cards I bought them over the weekend. Hopefully they can each find something fun to buy themselves for the summer or even for the beginning of the school year.

Today when we got back from Girl Scouts Leilani was looking a little bored, so I went looking into my craft cabinet and found a perfect little craft for her. She is sitting down happily making personalized stamped bookmarks for all her classmates. She decided she wanted to make her teachers one too. She couldn't be happier!

Tomorrow is the end of Girl Scouts for the year. I can hardly wait! It will be nice to get a little break for the summer. Although I know I will be missing them come August! LOL

0 comments: