CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, June 09, 2006

TGIF

Wow after a fun-filled weekend where I didn't get much sleep, and seeing that Leilani still had school, I couldn't catch up on some much needed rest. And although I will be busy all weekend as well, I am looking forward to not having to wake up at 7am tomorrow morning!

5 More Days of School....
It is hard to imagine that the school year is almost over. Of course this is the time where I fret about what I am going to go the teacher's and bus driver as end of year gifts. My friend, Jenn, who happens to be a teacher herself, said that the perfect gift for a teacher is Gift Certificates. I thought, great! I will get them Barnes & Nobles Gift Certificates. But she mentioned, "Remember, a teacher might have tons of books already". Right! Darn! But she quickly quipped, but a mall gift card is perfect! So the decision is made, 3 mall gift cards coming right up! I will get them tomorrow while I am at the much anticipated Build A Bear Workshop Girl Scout Outing...

A Jam Packed Weekend Ahead....
This weekend will be very busy for especially Leilani and myself. In the am is the usual Saturday dance class. Boy and I looking forward to bext September when Leilani takes dance classes during the week rather than Saturday. This will free up our Saturdays! Yeah!!! Then we come home to hopefully relax, have lunch, and then it is off to the mall to meet a dozen super excited little girls just dying to make thier new Bear Friends. They will also be completing the necessary requirements for thier People around the World patch so they are excited about that! Only downfall is the time of the workshop. They didnt have anything earlier than 4:30pm. So I am hoping the parents take my advice and give thier little darlings a bit of a snack to tide them over till dinner. Since we will already be at the mall my co-leader and myself decided to go to dinner with the kids and Mike at Applebees. Yummy! So we will be heading straight there afterwards.

"Cars"....
Of course our weekend wouldn't be complete without a family only outing. So on Sunday morning we will all be loading into the van and driving over to the local movie theater to see the Disney/Pixar movie "Cars". We have been eagerly anticipating this movie ever since they said it would be released in December 2005. Only for the officials at Disney to say that it would be do better as an early summer opening and postponing its theatrical debut to June 2006. Christopher was beside himself today when he had McDonald's for lunch (I know, I know, How healthy! ) and he got his very own "Lightning McQueen". I love MCDonald's promotions when it involves anything Disney. No little cheapy toys when Disney is involved. Nope a twice as bigger than Matchbox cars is what he got. Downfall? That when it involves Disney, there is usually 8 items to collect! The joy! So I have to make a trip to McD's at least once a week so that dear Christopher will get his full collection. Gotta love Mc D's marketing!

Since we are going to an early show and should be back by lunch, I am hoping that I can get some scrapbooking done. I have a tote filled with kits to get done, and I have been in scrapping mode since the expo. I love the inspiration it gives me!

0 comments: