School will be out for the summer! I think what I am most looking forward to is being able to sleep in Monday morning without waking to the sound of the alarm clock. Not to mention, there is absolutely nothing on our agenda for that day. Hopefully we will all sleep in till at least 9 (10am is pushing it!)
YEARBOOK.....
Back in October, Leilani came home with an order form for the yearbook. If you purchased it then it would be at the remarkable preorder price of $15 dollars! Fifteen dollars for a paper back yearbook of the kids that attend the said elemetary school. I thought that was alot. But in any case I asked Leilani "hey would you like a yearbook?" She shrugged her shoulders and said "nah". Fast forward 8 months later to Monday afternoon...Leilani gets off the bus and whines "Mommy, I didn't get a yearbook! How come???" Of course she doesn't remember the conversation that took place that brisk Fall day, so I reminded her. Of course she sulked and said she really really wanted one. How am I going to remember my reading buddy, who is graduating into middle school this year.....You know, the whole drama that a 7 year old can give you. I made a couple of calls, but to no avail. I decided this morning I would make a run over to the school and see if I can get one. Sure enough I could, but I had to pay cash (now it would cost $20) since the school isn't accepting checks this late in the school year. (Of course since I am sure they don't want to hound the parents that have rubber checks, LOL). So I drove across the street to the closest bank. So the coveted yearbook cost us $22 when all was said and done (bank charged $2 atm fee.) But it was all worth it to see the bright eyed smile I got from her when she got off the school bus this afternoon with the yearbook tucked in a bear hug in her arms. "Mom Your the best!"were her first words to me when she got off the bus. Awww, she knows just where to get me!
If it’s not broken, don’t fix it
5 years ago





0 comments:
Post a Comment