This morning Leilani and I were up and out of the house by 7:45am. Our funfilled day in NYC was about to begin. The long anticipated day at The American Girl Place was about to begin! We picked up Sandra, with Alyssa and Brittany, and then took to 1 hour 15 minute bus ride into the Big Apple! Since we took the last bus out of our town, the bus was empty! Aside from our road rage bus driver, the trip in was a pleasant one. 
Since our reservations weren't until 11am, and we arrived in the city at 9:15am, we took our time walking to 49th and 5th Avenue. We arrived with tons of time to spare. I decided to take pics of the girls in front of the store without the interruption of peole walking in the way that was sure to happen later in the afternoon. Leilani, who very well knows that her favorite store, The World Of Disney, is a couple of short blocks away, asked if we can go there to kill time. It was a great idea and we did just that. I looked at the schedule for the Character Meet and Greet and after browsing the store, decided that we would return after lunch to get our pics taken with Goofy and Liberty Minnie.
We walked back to the American Girl Place and took a look around the shop. WOW, there are TONS of dolls and outfits and books to choose from! I have to give it to Leilani, she is one savvy shopper like her Mom! She looked at all the outfits and decided on a 2 for 1 package. It is an iceskating outfit but she said "Mom this one is cool because since I can only get one outfit I can get this one and I have two. Maybe I can get a pair of shoes and make one a dress from time to time." Awesome idea! I am raising a smart one there! So we did just that.
By then it was time to go upstairs to the Cafe area. Once we stepped in we were in love! Alyssa said it was heaven! What a beautiful whimsical, GIRLY GIRL place! I was instantly smitten by it! Not to mention the food was delicious! Sandra and I were so happy that we had decided to do this with the girls. The place was decorated in white black and fushia..and lots of stripes polka dots and flowers. The napkin holder was really a pony tail holder that the girls got to keep (since I got one too it was perfect since Leilani is partial to 2 pony tails). And at the end the desserts were delectable! The flower in the chocolate mousse dessert was a souvenier keepsake. Of course being the scrapper I had to take a pic of it! It was an awesome afternoon!
After lunch we took a look around some more and then to a walk back to the World of Disney store jsut in time for the Character Meet and Greet. Lucky thing there was virtually no wait! We took our pics and then started our walk back to the Port Authority. We stopped in Starbucks for thier new Banana Creme Frappachino...YUM!!! A perfect way to cool off on a hot day, and we made it back to the Port Authority just in time to catch the first us back to our shore town! We were utterly exhausted but happy! We definitely want to plan to do this again next year perhaps!
If it’s not broken, don’t fix it
5 years ago





0 comments:
Post a Comment