CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, June 16, 2006

Schools Out For Summer!!!!

The countdown clock came and left already....boy am I happy that school is done for the summertime!

Sniff...Sniff....
This morning I woke up Leilani and got her dressed in her pretty summer dress for her last day of school. I went about getting myself dressed and ready and when I noticed 15 minutes had gone by and she wasn't back in my room from making her bed, I went to investigate. Poor baby girl was crying her eyes out....
Me: Sweetie, what's the matter?
Leilani: Oh Mommy I don't want it to be the last day of school!
Me: Oh honey it'll be OK.
Leilani: Mommy I am really going to miss my teacher! I won't have Ms T as my teacher anymore.
Me: (giving her a big bear hug) Aw sweetie, thats true, but you will be able to see her everyday when you go into school and tell her hello. I am sure she will miss all her little friends just as much, but think of it this way, you will be meeting a new teacher which I am sure you will love too in September.

Poor thing, I felt so bad! She really did enjoy Mrs. T and Mrs. F. It really is sad when you get accustomed to a teacher and you have to tell them goodbye! Of course when I got her off the bus this afternoon she was in tears again. She gave her bus driver a hug and told him she is really really hoping he can be her bus driver again next year too. Then she sat on the porch bench and cried her little eyes out.

This Calls for Some Cheering Up.....
Soon after she arrived home I took her with me to pick up Christopher from Sandra's house and then we returned to do Mike's Father's Day gift. They came out wonderful! (But since he may decide today is his day to visit my blog, I will not post what we did till Sunday! LOL) We washed up and then went for our traditional last day of school place...Chuck E Cheese! That cheered up the glum LEilani and she started feeling a whole lot better about it being summertime. We came back home sorted through her backpack, looked over her awesome report card, and talked about tomorrow's activities which include last day of dance...and our annual garage sale!

I Feel So Honored....
My friend Jenn and I are featured in the Memories Expo New Jersey pictorial gallery! Here's the link: http://www.memoriesexpo.com/njgallery.asp That's us above the caption "And made albums in class". My friend Rosa called me on my cell yelling "Hey you and Jenn are on the Memories Website!" How cool is that! LOL We had a blast, and its fun to see our picture there.

Weekend...
Being that it is Father's Day Weekend, the kids and I have set some plans out for Mike. We will be having a garage sale that morning, so Leilani and Christopher and I will be getting up early and making Daddy Breakfast in Bed. His first actually, so it should be fun! Then we just plan to pamper him by getting him his drinks and making special snacks for him. It should be quiet and fun!

0 comments: