I admit, I have become a blogaholic in the past 2 years. I personally love being able to write what is on my mind and get the occasional feedback from my internet buddies, old and new. I was inspired to start blogging 2 years ago by a blog on AOL called The Secret Life of a Stay at Home Mom. Sherry would share all the fun times and not so fun times with her loyal following, and always seemed to show us that even a dark cloud has a silver lining. But as they say all good things must come to an end. She has decided to put a finale to her writing. It was unexpected and very sad.....I will truly miss her happy go lucky demeanor. Hopefully one day she will become inspired to write again. Thanks Sherry for inspiring me!
RAIN, RAIN, GO AWAY
Yesterday was a dreary rainy day. And meteoroligists are predicting it to continue through Sunday! What a Joy! Except for the Girl Scout meeting, I stayed indoors all day. I tried getting Christopher to take a nap so I can get a little bit of shut eye myself, but to no avail. the boy has bounds of energy! If there was a way to bottle up and sell that energy, boy would we be rich!
Purging....
So I decided to do a little purging in my scrapbook carts. With all the new goodies I recieved and purchased at the Memories Expo, I had a very difficult time finding a home for them. It is amazing how compulsive we scrapaholics are. I feel really bad when I purge. Each item I chose because I loved it. But when I purge I have to keep in mind...am I really going to use this? So I am inspired to purge. I have to say, that within the past 6 months I have been really good in my shopping methods. I have been very selective with the items I purchase. I have also been making kits the moment I arrive home for the goodies I do buy. That way I can search for a picture and immediately pair it with the paper and embellishments I have purchased. YEAH Me!
To Do List....
Even though the weather is dreary and all I want to do is stay indoors all day long, I have decided to make my to do list and get somethings accomplished. After all, if I wait till the rain goes away I will have an unbelieveably long to do list to work with on Monday. That will take me the whole week to accomplish since next week is Leilani's last week of school and she has early dismissal all week. Ahve to be back in time for the school bus! LOL
1- Go to the bank (lucky thing that is drive thru and I don't have to get Christopher and myself out of the car! LOL)
2- Go to the Girl Scout Council....little brownies are waiting for thier hard earned patches!
3- Walmart run! Need to get a Sterlite container to house some embellishments. Everything needs its home. My little creative corner in the family room is taking shape as a my scrappers abode. (I can't wait to move into a bigger house so I can have bute baskets and cabinets to house my goodies)
4- Stop at the Dollar Tree. While at my coleaders house yesterday she shared a very interesting way in which to "train" your children so you don't sound like a broken record all the time. What she does is gets a clear jar which she fashions with her child's name, then she gets a basket where she places marbles. Each time you do not have to repeat yourself, or your child does something without whining or complaining, (or whatever else you want them to do, say chores without having to remind them) they get a marble placed in thier jar. Once they have filled up thier jar, they are able to decide a treat that they want. Her daughter wanted to go to Chuck E Cheese. Now if they slack off they can get thier marbles taken away from them too. I thought: "What a great idea!" So I have to give it a shot. Maybe, just maybe, this will get Christopher fully potty trained! LOL I can dream, can't I!
Off to buy marbles and jars!
If it’s not broken, don’t fix it
6 years ago





0 comments:
Post a Comment