After a fun filled long weekend, it was time to goodbye to Mom as she is leaving back to the Sunshine State today. We did have a very busy last few days though!
Saturday- It was a very nasty Saturday with lots of rain, but that didn't put a damper on our plans! At 2pm, I took Leilani to Celine's birthday party. Leilani was a little upset when we arrived because although the storm clouds were all around us, the children were in the pool. Since we would only be staying till 4pm, I told her we really didn't have time to take a swim. Of course she didn't want to hear that! Lucky thing the Mad Scientist Arlene had hired was setting up for his act and 15 minutes later he started his show. With one more demonstration the heavens opened up and everyone ran inside the house! Shortly afterwards we drove home in the pouring rain because we had to get Leilani ready for Day 1 of dance recital. Only I went since everyone would be seeing it the next day. She did an awesome job!
Sunday- The whole morning we spent getting ready for the dance recital. Mom cooked her famous Arroz con Gandules and Brown Sugar Ham, while Mike and I went to the supermarket to get sodas and to Carvel for an Ice Cream Cake Leilani had requested. We also made a quick stop at the pharmacy to get Mom's precriptions. (Thursday evening when she arrived, upon descent of the airplane she got a splitting pain in her head where her whole face quivered and got swollen. When she arrived she was in a debilitating pain that I got scared and took her to the ER. I kind of thought it may be a sinus infection gone haywire with the cabin pressure. Mom didn't think so since she didn't think she had a sinus infection. Turns out I was right and she was given some antibiotics and some pills for the pain.)
After prepping we got dressed and got Leilani all dolled up for day 2 of her dance recital. This time she would be performing 2 performances with her first Time Going through a costume change! We were so excited! She did a marvelous job! She really loves dancing. We returned back home and ate dinner, had dessert, and chatted with Bren, Jorge, & Jeff and Matt played with Leilani. Lucky thing the rain held out!
Monday- After having a leisurely morning with Mom playing with the kids karate and all, we went to the mall. Leilani had on a pair of earrings that were cutting her earlobe but she refused to let us take them off. We took her to a jewelery place and they thankfully were able to remove them. Not before the whole mall knew Leilani was there with her screams! LOL! But grandma got her a belated birthday present of some pretty little post earrings in the hopes that with Neosporin, the tear will heal up enough so she can wear hoops again. Afterwards we went to New York to pick up Great Grandma. Thank God we experienced no traffic and were home in no time.
This morning we took a trip to a few stores for Mom to get some souveniers and for Grandma to get a bathing suit for her trip to Florida. The day went by so fast and before you knew it, it was time to take Mom and Grandma to the shuttle stop for the airport. Leilani was so sad to see them go and was crying all the way home. I get really sad too. I really hate that we have so many miles between us. I wish she lived closer. These short visits are bittersweet....
If it’s not broken, don’t fix it
5 years ago





0 comments:
Post a Comment