CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, September 01, 2008

We <3 Rock Band!

Raul brought over his drums, guitar and mike as well as his gaming system so we can rock out to some famous rock tunes and form our own Rock Band. Now of course I can't get Fall Out Boy "This Ain't a Scene" from playing over and over in my mind, along with "My Sharona." But I have to say we had an amazing time playing with Raul, Chrissy Poo, and Jonathan. Leilani was sad to see it packed up. She was so funny when she comically hugged the drums and said "Bye Bye Rock Band, see you in two weeks!"


What is amazing is Chris learned how to tie his shoelaces! Uncle Raul is a pro at teaching little ones how to tie thier shoes. He started his "tradition" with Leilani. Back in November 2005, I was completely at my wits end thinking, this girl is never going to tie her shoelaces! Raul drove with us down to FL for Thanksgiving and I let know how I have been trying to teach Leilani for over a year and she just didn't get it. Once we returned home, he sat in the living room with Leilani and in the matter of 2 hours taught her what I was trying to teach her for over 365 days!

I am convinced they are so intent on making "Tio" proud, they will learn anything he teaches them. This past summer he taught 7 year old Malik. And this weekend, it was Christopher's turn. I have to admit, I was skeptical with Chris. His mind is always going in 50 different directions and it got Tio a little frustrated at times, but this morning, he did it. I have been annoying Chris by putting on his shoes so he can practice every few hours since, but he's got it! I am so proud of him, and Raul.

2 comments:

Melissa S said...

Yeah Chris! One less thing you will have to do in the am...:)

Diva's Thoughts said...

Raul is an awesome uncle!!!