Friday my MIL called dire straits over Hurricane Hanna. I had to remind her that Hanna was no longer a hurricane, but a tropical storm. She is one of those individuals that sits around watching the news all day and overdramatizes disaster striking. It doesn't help that she watches the news in the Spanish channel. I suppose since Spanish is indeed one of the romance languages, everything seems more overly dramatic in Spanish. (I hope all my Spanish ancestors can forgive me for saying that, but it is true...) So I eased her mind by telling her I would take her advice and bring the van into the garage and secure all the loose items in the yard. I did not commit to bringing the outdoor tables inside. That seemed a tad bit too over the top.
Saturday we recieved buckets of rain and wind, but nothing as disastrous as MIL thought, thank God. It was a good day to spend catching up on some zzzz's and just relaxing. I welcomed it.
Looking out the window this morning, you'd never thought the day before was so dreary. We decided to get up early, eat breakfast, and make our way over to Jackson, NJ to visit Six Flags Great Adventures. Leilani and I were so excited because today would be a milestone visit. It would be the first time Leilani would ride on Batman! But our excitement would be thwarted. LEilani was a mere 2 inches under the height requirement. She was totally bummed. There is always next year, I told her. We spent the rest of the afternoon enjoying the rides and the weather. Mother Nature was granting us a picture perfect day after dishing out all the water the day before.
Hope everyone else fared well with TS Hanna. I know Ike is coming up close behind her. Ah, the joys of the Hurricane Season....
If it’s not broken, don’t fix it
5 years ago





1 comments:
Oooo Six Flags! I haven't been there in a long long time...do they still have the drive through safari??? Abi would have cried if she didn't make the height restriction...
Post a Comment