I started scrapbooking 10 years ago. I was pregnant with Leilani and a high school friend of mine sent me monthly kit offer. It was for a baby memory book and each month they sent you pages to add to the album. I must admit, I had absolutely no clue what I was to make of the items that came in the mail. So, I decided to research it as we all do now....on the internet.
I was greated with an abundance of ideas and information. Then it hit me. I've been "scrapbooking" all along. Naturally it was in the unsafest of ways. I would cut birthday card elements I thought were cute and used stickers to decorate the (AGHAST) acid filled magnetic photo albums!
That was the start of my scrapbook obsession! When we lived in our first apartment in NY, I scrapbooked in a little corner of our dining room. I had an Iris cart filled with my supplies in a little corner. Then we moved to our house on the Jersey Shore and I got a little "nook" in our family room. This is the before look of my scrapbook nook:
It was functional, for the most part. A snag was the fact I didn't have enough room to spread out on the small desk. This would force me to bring out the long folding table and scrapbook on top of that. I wasn't particularly fond of the area aesthetically speaking. As we know, we can see right through Iris carts. So no matter how neat we kept the drawers, it still lends to a sloppy sort of existence. Not to mention it stuck out like a sore thumb against the family room furniture.
So upon returning from CKC, I got to thinking. I would really love to redo this area. Make it look more in tune with the family room. Mike and I spoke about it and after withdrawing reward points from my credit cards, working the proctoring exam, and getting some advanced anniversary gifts, my vision of a new scrapbook nook is complete. Here is the AFTER in my scrapbook nook transformation:
I so love how it turned out! Everything has it's place. It looks like another area of the family room. I am still on the hunt for a frame of sorts to place above the cube area to fill in some of that wall space. And I am contemplating adding a couple of frames and/or small shelves on the adjacent wall.
No more looking right through my old drawers! My creative juices are definitely flowing in my new organized area.
If it’s not broken, don’t fix it
5 years ago





2 comments:
Wow! I thought it looked good in the before picture, lol! The after shot is just awesome, very nice! It really doesn't look like a place full of your materials, but they are all there! WOW! I too am a victim of see-thru drawers and think that is part of my problem in the office, aka, the Pit. Are you for hire?? I'll do laundry and windows if you re-do my office, lol.
I'm trying to think of the name of the memory book I had for B because it sounds like what you had for your daughter. Yes, it was kind of a scrapbook beginning, lol. I just wish I did the real thing. I'm lucky to email a few pics to people, let alone print them and put them in a book, lol. Though I do save all kinds of receipts, ticket stubs, and flyers...one of these days I'll get them sorted and into "books" Ha!
I love how this looks... where did you get the drawers and desk? love them
Post a Comment