It is hard to believe 7 years has gone by....
I'll always remember.....what a beautiful Indian Summer day it was.
I'll always remember.....anxiously awaiting my mom's arrival that very morning.
I'll always remember.....the look of surprise on my coworker's face at what she heard on the radio.
I'll always remember.....calling Mike who worked 2 blocks away from the World Trade Center to make sure he was alright.
I'll always remember.....looking out my 34th St & 9th Ave windows and witnessing the second tower getting hit.
I'll always remember....seeing those towers crumble and the smoke rise in a cloud of smoke.
I'll always remember....waiting what seemed like hours to hear that Mike had made it out of Ground Zero unscathed.
I'll always remember....walking the streets of midtown and seeing buses and police cars covered in white soot racing along the streets.
I'll always remember....the eery silence the city was in as I made my way toward my grandmother's apartment and into Mike's arms.
I'll always remember....my terrible aching to get home to wrap my arms around my baby girl and the feeling of pure helplessness at not having a way to get out of NYC.
I'll always remember....seeing an old neighbor on the news that evening who was desperately searching for her husband, who we later learned was one of the 2752 men and women who perished at the World Trade Center on that horrible day.
I'll always remember....being driven home the following morning and not seeing more than 5 cars on the road during the entire trip. We made the normally 90 minute trip home in a mere 35 minutes.
I'll always remember....seeing virutally every home adorned with the American Flag waving proudly in the days following the attack.
I'll always remember the details of September 11, 2001. It is a day forever emblazened in my mind. And a silent prayer goes out to the many individuals who died from the senseless acts of those terrorists.
If it’s not broken, don’t fix it
5 years ago





2 comments:
Oh my goodness...what a horrific sight you had. I only heard the stories since I already moved to Ohio by that time. My parents lost quite a few neighbors that day...3 families lost their dads...and I believe 2 grown children were killed. That is just me. I think there are a lot of people in the tristate area that can list someone they know of that perished. Soo sad.
Oh Wow Carmen!!! I didn't realize that you saw the 2nd tower be hit. Lyle was one of the last trucks that was allowed over the GW when they shut the access to the city down. I like you couldn't wait to have my husband's arms wrapped around me.
Post a Comment