I am a blogaholic.
There, I admitted it. I have a web folder filled with my blog links. I have a separate list of about 15 blogs that I faithfully read on a daily basis. Of course some don't update daily, but I check in on them to see if they have.
I am an avid reader, but unfortunately, I currently cannot commit the time to read to read the novels I usually read at my leisure. With college and having to read the boring texts of prokaryotes and all that jazz, I can not pick up a book that interests me and engross myself in it. That is where blogs come in. They fill my desire to read without taking up alot of my time. They not only fill that need, but many of them inspire me as well. Some give me wonderful photo and craft ideas, some serve as scrapbook inspiration, some as recipe sources, while others offer a good laugh and remind me not to take life too seriously. But many inspire me to be a better person: wife, mother, friend.... Those are the ones that touch my soul.
Many of these I have been lucky enough to discover on a rainy day when the kids were busy and I found a comment the person made interesting. Or, the author of a blog I was reading posted a link of something interesting in thier blog entry. And there began my list of favorite blogs.
Today, I not only thank those bloggers who inspire me...whether it be with thier comic relief, or thier inspiration (family, parenthood, recipes, photos, scrapbooking, crafts...etc), but those who read my blog. Your comments inspire me to continue writing my blurbs on a regular basis.
If it’s not broken, don’t fix it
5 years ago





3 comments:
I agree...I love blogs...I feel connected to other people's lives...and make lots of new friends!
I agree with Melissa. I love reading your blog! I think that if we lived in the same neck of the woods, we could easily be friends!
I so completely agree with you. I'm a blog junkie too. Sometimes I feel guilty for all the time I spend on the computer. I call it the big time suck. It really is enjoyable and relaxing though. And for me lately, it has been inspiring me to get some of the things done that I want to get done, so that is a good thing. Thank you for this post, it's nice to know that I'm not alone. :)
Post a Comment