CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Kindergarten Orientation

How did this happen? How is it possible....Chris is in Kindergarten? It was only yesterday I was bringing him home from the hospital. It seems so unfair how quickly time flies.



Chris couldn't wait to go to the bus stop....after all, this was his very first time taking a school bus! Even though we arrived 15 minutes early he wanted to climb right on the bus. I forgot how hot these buses are. Phew! He climbed on his seat and immediately buckled up. Mommy has taught him well! This was something he was nervous about. He wasn't sure if he would know how to buckle the seatbelts on a bus seat since Leilani told him they are a little different than the car seat belts. He did it in a nano second. Of course he got a little impatient and asked what seems like a million times, "When are we leaving?"

As soon as the bus started moving he spent the time looking out the window. I am sure from this vantage point the town does look a little different.



When we arrived we walked straight to his classroom. His teacher greated him with a cheery hello and was excited to see Christopher. She told him she remembered having his older sister in his class. He shyly told her "My sister told me." She asked me what grade was she going into and I told her 4th. She was astonished at how quickly the years pass by. I totally agree with her on that one.

She guided him to the rug and asked him to pick a spot to sit on and asked the parents to fill out all the necessary paperwork left at our child's seat. Meanwhile she read them "The Night Before Kindergarten". It is such a sweet story, and one I know well. Leilani recieved it as a goodbye gift from her preschool teacher, five years ago. I had recently found it while I was prepping for the garage sale and put it aside to read to Chris tomorrow night. He enjoyed it.

After meeting the principal we took the bus back home. We went to Kmart and Chris picked out a Spiderman folder and now he is anxiously awaiting the first day of school.

2 comments:

Melissa S said...

Don't I know it...time flies by...and doesn't Chris look soooo handsome!!

TX to PA: Tales of a student mom said...

How does it happen that they become such big boys overnight? I got yet another reminder since the tooth fairy is making her second visit this week. Now we're losing the baby teeth too. How handsome and happy Chris is!!! His teacher seems very nice. I'm excited for him and so proud that he can buckle that seat belt by himself! He'll love kindergarten!