The first day of school.....a day Leilani has been anticipating for the past week! She loves school and all, but as she said "I don't want summer vacation to end, but I can't wait for the first day of school to find out who my new teacher is!" Last night when I tucked her in she was practically bouncing off the walls with excitement.
We set her Wake Me Up Rescue Pet alarm clock before I turned out the lights, but there was no need for that. She arose from her slumber a whole 15 minutes earlier! She was dressed, in the outfit she carefully picked out the night before, and ready to go before the dog started barking.
I guess the nerves made it difficult for Leilani to eat this morning because it took her almost a whole hour to finish a bagel with cream cheese and a glass of milk! Afterwards we sat outside and we talked about the exciting day ahead of her. Her first new adventure would be on the bus. This year she gets to sit closer to the back of the bus. 4th graders have privileges, after all! Her driver arrived a whole 10 minutes early to our surprise. Lucky thing we were ready. I took my traditional first walk on the school bus picture of her. I asked her if it was still cool to take it, I didn't want to embarass her. She said of course! And with that she was off to school! 
Now I sit here anxiously awaiting her arrival back from school with her traditional batch of fresh baked cookies straight from the oven waiting for her. In less than 30 minutes she will be hopping off the bus, giddy with excitement I am sure, to tell me all about her first day! I can't wait to sit and share some cookies and milk and hear all about it!
If it’s not broken, don’t fix it
5 years ago





4 comments:
Oh I am loving this post!!! I can't stop saying "aaawwwww".
This is too cute and I love that you are as excited to hear about her day as she will be to tell you all about it.
what a nice mommy you are with the milk and cookies!
Oh my goodness, Carmen....I can't get over how "big girl" she looks! Can't they stay little for just a little while longer? I bet she had a fantastic day! I can't wait to hear how she liked 4th grade, and how Chris liked Kinder!
Sounds like my little girls. They didn't want the summer to end but they were ready for school to start.
But they still want to sleep in:)
Post a Comment