CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, September 20, 2008

Everytime I Close My Eyes



It feels like yesterday I was waking up at 6am with my sisters and closest friends and driving over to the hairdressers to get our hair done for my big day. The day I had been dreaming about since I was a little girl had finally arrived.

You'd never tell by my photos that I had shed bucket full of tears thanks to my not so considerate father the day before. He had my sister miss dress rehearsal the day before all because he wanted to search all New York City looking for his long lost buddies. Mind you, he made the trip up from Florida to attend my wedding, not for a reunion. Mom, being the lifesaver that she is, ran out at midnight looking for cucumbers. No supermarkets were open. And corner stores usually do not carry an array of produce. Her last attempt was at a restaurant where she asked if she can buy a cucumber from them for her daughter's eyes, her daughter was getting married the next morning and her father made her cry her eyes out. They felt bad and just gave her the cucumber.

The day went by in a whirl. Although the forecasters were calling for rain all day, the weather held up. The day was sunny and warm. We even managed to go to the park where Mike proposed to me at and take our wedding pictures. God was happy for us that day because the heavens opened up mere seconds after we arrived to the catering hall.

Eleven years! It is hard to imagine that much time has passed. We have accomplished so many of our dreams too. I thank the Lord for all he has given us and know that it is with his help that we continue to be happy together today.

I love you, Mike! It's been an amazing 11 years. I look forward to many more years together, side by side. Happy Anniversary.

"I think that you're truly somethin', yes you are
And you're, you're every bit of a dream come true, yes you are
With you baby, it never rains
And it's no wonder
The sun always shines when I'm near you
It's just blessing that I have found somebody like you

Everytime I close my eyes,
I thank the Lord that I got you, babe,
And you got me too.
And everytime I think of it,
I pinch myself, cuz, I don't believe it's true
That someone like you, loves me too."
- Babyface

(Our Wedding Song)

2 comments:

Melissa S said...

Awwwww...I am all misty now! Happy 11th Anniversary you two! May you have many many more happy and loving years!

Oh and what a turdy thing for your dad to do to you....geesh!

Beth said...

Wow! Your dress was amazing! So pretty! And you know, I heard once that if it rains on your wedding day, it is good luck!