CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Signs of Spring



The sun is shining, my daffodils are in full bloom, and the weather is cool and brisk.....Spring is on its way!

Just being greated in the morning with the mild weather, and the signs of warmer weather to come made me realize, we can allow negative thoughts to consume you, but if we do, we can't appreciate the beauty that surrounds us everyday!

Yesterday was CCD and dance. Of course at dance the topic of discussion was still the whole line cutting. They asked my opinion, I gave it, and of course some of the friends of the line jumpers tried to state that they were there the whole time. I took the high road and dropped it. Unless there was a video tape to illustrate the truth, they are going to believe what they want to beleive, so why bother? I sat and enjoyed my cup of Decaf Caramel Latte Lite from Dunkin Donuts and perused a magazine while I waited for Leilani to finish. They can rehash things all they want, the incident is done and over with and nothing will change what happened in the past.

Today I volunteered at the school. This week, the music teacher has been doing prep work in the teacher's lounge for the 3rd grade music show during the time I am volunteering so we have gotten the opportunity to chat. She is a total sweetheart. She is extremely talented and really enjoys working with the children. It is amazing to see someone doing what they love and enjoying every minute of it. What's a shame is that our school budget is in a crisis and guess who is losing a room next school year? You've got it, the arts department, music and art. I feel so bad because she has many wonderful ideas. In any case, she me the 3rd graders have been working really hard on thier songs for the show which is already next week! I can not wait to see it!

Since Kati was picking Christopher up from school and taking him to her house for a playdate, I was able to meet Pam for lunch sans Chris. It was wonderful being able to have uninterrupted adult conversation! I enjoyed it so much that the time just breezed by in no time. Before I knew it, it was time to go pick up my little monster.

Now I sit here updating my blog and enjoying the clean fresh air coming in through the windows that are cracked just enough to let the air in. Hope the temperatures start warming up. I can't wait to throw the shades up, open the windows in, and let the air and sun shine in!

0 comments: