Sometimes I wonder if I suffer from SAD (Seasonal Affective Disorder). I miss the sun! I've noticed lately, if the sun is out and shining strong, I am at my happiest. But when the weather is dark, damp, cold and gloomy, I feel downright...sad.
Of course today was one of those icky, wet, cold, dark day. Didn't help that it was the first day back to school and the weekly routine. It made getting out of bed so depressing. Chris stayed in bed till a quarter to nine, way later than usual! I even had to wake him up. He was groggy and not feeling the whole school thing. I decided to plan the whole day for him and make the best of a lousy day and he perked up when he heard what we would be doing once I picked him up from school.
We went and spent some time at the library. It has been quite a while since we've been there. They have added some bean bags against the windows making cozy little reading coves for parents. It was perfect for the little guy and I. We read a few Dora the Explorer books and then picked out some Diego books to read at home. I sat at one of the coloring tables and helped him color a spring picture of a tree surrounded by tulips. He cheerfully told me about his day at school, a rarity for Chris since he usually responds to the question of "How was School and What did you do?" with a shrug of his shoulders and an "I don't remember."
Little guy wanted McD's for lunch and I obliged. We shared a small fries and a 10 piece nuggets. We made small talk with a pair of siblings who were seated at the table next to us. When we were done we made our way back home, read 4 of the books we borrowed and did a little coloring.
Aside from the weather, we had an excellent day. And no tantrums or mischief! Here's to hoping the sun will come out tomorrow!
If it’s not broken, don’t fix it
5 years ago





2 comments:
The sun definitely makes everyone happy! So glad to hear Chris had a great day! Nothing better than mother son time!
Thats nice to spend some one on one time with Chris! You certainly wouldn't want to live here..it is grey here a lot of the time...and depressing!
Post a Comment