CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Awesome Deal!

Usually when I am feeling blue, I like to do what I call "A little retail therapy." Just purchasing a little something....can be a cool find at the local dollar store is suffice. After my ordeal on Sunday, I was in desperate need of it. So after I dropped Christopher off at school, I went out to my therapist session.

I was planning on going to Target. My favorite store for retail therapy since you can always find even a little something in thier dollar spot. But first, I had to make a return at Costco.

I can never go into Costco without browsing the aisles. So after I made my return, I took a little stroll around the store. And when I did, I found this:



I usually host a few BBQ's at my house over the summer. Sometimes there are impromptu get togethers with friends calling to let us know they are going to be in the area, wondering if it is ok to stop by. (This happens due to the fact that we live in a shore town). I loved this! It is so modern! The one I had for the past couple of years was a straw one, which, quite frankly, I never was a fan of it. I like more of a contemporary style and the straw one is more "country-like". Of course at a price of $14.49, I had to buy it.

I left Costco happy as a clam. Then I made my way to Target.

Target and I....we have this quasi love affair. I can never leave there without having the impulse to buy something. I mean, they always have SOMETHING, and thier markdowns on thier end caps are amazing. Today was no exception. This was my big find of the day:



I had been eyeing these jars by Making Memories for a while. I was tempted to buy them last week at ACMOORE with my double 50% off coupon. But decided to put them back. Lucky thing I did! Target had them at the endcap in thier scrapping section. Above it was a sign 30% or more clearance. OK. So I looked at the sticker price. Regular $10.29, Now $7.20. Hmmm, 30% off. I could get it for 50% off at ACMOORE with a coupon. But I didn't remember them having free embellishment flowers inside of it though. So I held on to it.

As I browsed the scrapping aisle I was tempted to put it back. But something told me, "Hey they could be 50% and just not marked that way." Hmmmm. So I walked over to thier red scanners. I scanned it. And GUESS what the price was?????

$2.57!!!!! WOOHOO!!!!! The Making Memories Scrapbook Embellishment Storage Jars with free embellishment flowers were 75% off!!!! Of course I snagged it! And I left Target walking on air!

All sad, blue, angry feelings from Sunday are long forgotten! Gotta love Target! Ahhh, retail therapy is the best!

1 comments:

Mom2Niko said...

Don't you just LOVE Target? I can't seem to go in there and leave empty handed..it's simply impossible. I often check their clearance section as all kinds of goodies end up there. Great buy...glad to hear it cheered you up.