It is amazing how much one family can cram into one day!
Yesterday morning, we all woke up bright and early to get ready for Christopher's Opening Day. We were showered, dressed, fed, and out of the house by 8:15am. After hype that it was going to rain all morning, the weather held up and we had an amazing time at the opening ceremonies (which was originally scheduled for last weekend, but was postponed due to weather). The president of recreation for our town read a touching poem about little leaguers reminding parents that they are just children playing a game, which had me teary eyed. As I looked around, I saw I wasn't the only one!
Chris was supposed to play a game, but the league decided to postpone it for tomorrow due to the festivities. At first we were a little bummed about having to get up early again on Sunday, but it worked out for the best. We were able to have lunch without feeling rushed, and more importantly I was able to finish up my lab report for my Bio class.
Once we were all done we drove up to Elizabeth and went to IKEA! I love that place! Thier items are so affordable. We ended up purchasing some essentials for the house and a shelf for Leilani's room. I am planning to go back to get a cocktail table for the living room.
Since our dear friend (& Leilani's Godfather) Jeff lives in Elizabeth, we decided we would go and pay him a visit. He usually visits us, but it was nice for a change to go see him and Matt for a change. Matt was able to pick out his birthday presents from Mike, and we were able to relax and chat over some Brazilian food that Jeff picked up for all of us.
Before you knew it the day was gone and we made our way back home.
Today's game was a bit of a mismatched matchup so to speak. 10 members of Christopher's team showed up to 5 of the opposing teams members. But the game went quick, and they had a great time. I still can't get over watching how much fun Chris is having out there! He loves baseball.
The rest of the morning into the early afternoon was spent going to Target, Lowes, Sports Authority, Walmart, and food shopping at Pathmark. No we didn't hit lotto, although I wish we had! But each stop ('cept Pathmark) required one specific item.
Target= Pediasure....Chris is a picky eater, and requires 2 of these a day to get his daily vitamins and butrition to supplement the little he eats. I browsed the aisles in search of any bargains....but no luck.
Lowes= Looking for something to cover a vent outside.....more on that tomorrow! LOL
Sports Authority= With Chris so into T-Ball, Mike used a 25% off friends and family coupon to purchase a T-set for him. I had a 25% off coupon too and was planning to purchase him an underarmour shirt for him to wear under his T-ball shirt on those cool afternoon or early morning games. The shirt cost $39.99...quite a bit for a tiny piece of lycra/spandex. But no matter, with 25% off it wouldn't be too bad. Unfortunately, the coupon states that some stores can have exceptions and the underarmour was one of them. I left without it.
Walmart= DEAL OF THE DAY! Since I didn't purchase the underarmour at SA, I decided to see if Walmart had any. Off to the sporting goods department I went. A very helpful employee (Walmart lacks many of these) directed me to the boys department. I walked over and at first glance didn't see what I was looking for. Something then told me to look at the clearance rack. DING! DING! DING! JACKPOT! There, among a slew of Mets shirts and fitness pants, were the underarmour! And for $5!!!! WOOHOO!!!
It is amazing how good you feel when you get a good deal!
The rest of the day was spent doing odds and ends chores around the house and watching the Kids Choice awards. (I know, I know, we had it on DVR but never managed to watch it till now.) It was great having some time to relax after such a busy weekend and before the new week begins.
If it’s not broken, don’t fix it
5 years ago





2 comments:
It was so nice to read about stores that I have long since forgotten...sports authority, Pathmark..as you know I grew up in Middletown NJ...and when you wrote about going to IKEA I knew just where it was.....very cool.
AHHH...the joy of shopping for Bargains! Do u know of a store named Ross? It's just like Marshals only better! I used to have one where I lived in Fl and now I miss it :( Name brand clothes for cheap!
Post a Comment