CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

NEED....SOME....ZZZZZZ's

I am at the breaking point, ya'll!

I am sleeping with the biggest sleep enemy of all. A mac truck loud snorer! Mike has always snored, but it seems that in recent years either my sleep has gotten reasonably lighter, or his snoring has taken a turn for the worst.

Of course Mike didn't believe it was that bad. That is until I took my handy dandy video camera and video taped him in action one night that I was rudely awakened by it.

He's tried the breathe right strips but he unconsiously flares his nostrils and pops them off. I've tried poking him till he turns to his side, but just as I am settling back into a peaceful slumber........AAARRRGGGHHHHHHH the snoring begins again. Of course it is taking it's toll on the amount of quality sleep I am getting.

And as I told Mike, I am concerned about it for his well-being too. Some nights when I am enviously watching how well he can sleep amid his nose's symphony, he will take huge gasps of air. Sometimes his leg jerks too.

So today I told him....that's it. Gig is up! I can't go on missing out on beauty sleep and waking up utterly exhausted. It is time you get this snoring thing checked out. He agreed. Hopefully it will turn out to be something that is easily remedied.

3 comments:

Melissa S said...

ooo keep me updated...Bobby snores like heck too!!! Ugh.......

Unknown said...

We had that problem until recently. When DH started seeing a chiropractor and learned his neck was literally "scrunched" so he wasn't getting enough clearance for airflow. He had snoring, choking, gaging, gnashing teeth, and flat out gasping...seemed like such a sinus and blockage problem but it really was his neck. He'd had problems since a car accident when he was a kid, but never had any clue it was causing the snoring. I've lived with shake-the-house snoring for 14 years until NOW! Woohoo!
Yes, have him get it checked out. An exam may be enough for a doc to determine if obstruction is the problem and if not an overnight sleep study should determine the problem. Good luck!

Keka said...

We should definitely try to meet up! I forget that you're not so far...and It'll be my first time scrapbooking w/ friends! Hope to hear from u soon ! & good luck w/ your husbands snoring. *Hugs*