Friday afternoon we received a call from Christopher's T-ball coach telling us that the Opening Day ceremonies for the following day were postponed to Sunday due to imminent rain. Now weren't we a bit bummed when we woke up Saturday morning and the sun was out shining brightly. And wouldn't you know that Sunday dawned with tons of rain. Weather forecasters! They never get it right!
But a little rain was not going to stop Leilani's picture day. Boy, was I glad that the studio picked today for pictures instead of ticket sales! I would have been one soggy upset woman! LOL
Act I
Normally, in the past, Leilani's pictures were scheduled back to back. So if she had an appointment for ballet pics at 11, then her tap pics would be at 11:30am. Not so this year. This year, Leilani and I would be spending our day running back and forth from the studio. Our first set were the tap pictures. I love this costume! I have always said that Leilani's signature color is pink. I find her skin color compliments it. Of course the pictures were scheduled for 11:40, but she actually didn't get her pictures taken till 1:15pm. They were running a tad bit behind schedule. By the time we left, the both of us were starving. Poor Mike and Chris were waiting to eat with us too.
Act II
Second set were the Hip Hop pics. I had asked the director prior to leaving from the tap pics if I should come 30 minutes later than the scheduled time since they were running on a 90 minute delay. She said "Oh we should be caught up by then." I should've trusted my instinct. Pics were scheduled for 3:30pm. When we arrived there were TONS of people ahead of us! This time I came prepared. I brought Leilani's DS and she sat quietly and played with it. Actual time pics were taken...5:05pm.
Act III
The final costume change and trip to the studio! Ballet pics were scheduled for 6:30pm. Since she was anxious to get these pics done and over with, we arrived on time. This time we were told they were running 30 minutes behind. I didn't buy it of course. Leilani decided to chat with her friends this time around and I of course chatted with the moms. It was a long and exhausting day. By 7:15 the girls were starting to get restless. The photographer realized that they had company girls scheduled to take pics back to back which meant they had some dead time where they were waiting for the girls to go back and change, so he decided to move our girls up. Boy, were we realieved! The costume which looked so blah out of the bag, looked pretty and serene on and with the group. I admit it is growing on me.
We finally made it home by 7:45pm. I was so exhausted. So was Leilani. Poor thing didn't have the energy to take a shower and begged if she can take one in the morning instead. I caved in and told her she would have to wake up 15 minutes earlier so she has enough time to get ready. She was lucky I had not stripped her bed yet. This means of course I would be definitely be doing it today since I am sure there will be silver glitter all over it this morning!
I am so glad it is all over. Now all we worry about is dress rehearsal which isn't till June!
If it’s not broken, don’t fix it
5 years ago





1 comments:
Oh yuck for 3 different times for photos...what a waste...I can relate though to the long delays. There seems to be always a 30 minute delay at least..the little kids don't cooperate..and then our director wants the pictures perfect so lets say that there are a lot of do overs...But Leilani looked beautiful..and I agree the pink complemented her the best...
Post a Comment