As you know, Christopher got some fillings yesterday. At the end of the visit, Dr. See told Chris "Now remember little guy, the side of your mouth will still be numb and you will not feel it. So no biting or chewing on your cheek or lip, OK?" Now saying this to Christopher is like telling him "Go on boy, bite all you want!"
By yesterday evening his lip was swollen even more than yesterdays pic and it was raw and yellowish. A clear sign of infection. I decided instead of sending him to school today, I would be taking him to his pediatrician instead.
When he woke up this morning, the swelling was down, but it was showing definite signs of infection. I called the ped and the doctor herself answered. It seems I called a few minutes before the office opened and I explained to her what was going on. She told me to bring him in to be checked out as soon as possible since he will need an antibiotic if it is in fact infected. She told me to wait 10 minutes and call back so that one of the girls can schedule me in. She would call them later to let them know to expect my call.
I did just that and was frustrated for the morning. The receptionist, (I later discovered she was brand new) answered and I explained I had spoken to the Dr herself and she asked me to call to be scheduled in first thing. The receptionist said she was booked solid and I would have to wait till Monday. Huh? I explained again that doc wants to see him this morning. Again, she said "Nope, I don't have anything, you will have to wait till Monday." I told her can she call me back once the doctor has called her and she said "No, we don't have anything till Monday anyway."
Of course now I was annoyed. I called another ped office to see if by chance he can be seen today. Unfortunately, they could, but it would be when I was at girl scouts. Something told me to call our ped office again. This time another receptionist answered, again I explained what was wrong, and she cheerfully piped "Ugh, that sounds gross! Can you bring Chris in at 10:15am? Doc will definitely want to take a look at that!" Just what I wanted to hear!
Final Verdict: Chris did infect his lip. So now we have to start a bout of Amoxicillin. Next time I am going to warn the dentist, please don't warn Chris about biting his lip....this way we know he will not be consious about it.
If it’s not broken, don’t fix it
5 years ago





1 comments:
oooo yuck..glad it is going to work out though...
Post a Comment