Leilani's main gift for Christmas was an item too special to fit in a box. Mike set up a special Mother/Daughter Day for Leilani and I. In turn, Christopher would be having a Father/Son Day as well. That day would take place on January 2nd, 2008.
I couldn't wait for the day to arrive! We woke up bright and early and headed into New York City. We experienced no traffic at all. We decided in order to use up some time, we would all go to the Toys R Us store. We browsed around and took a ride on the big ferris wheel. Leilani and Chris loved the ride.
After we got off the ferris wheel, we parted ways and Leilani and my special day would begin. We walked over to our favorite place to dine in Manhattan....The American Girl Place!
We adore this place! It is oh so totally girly! When I called in the reservation I was given 11:30am as our lunch time. We arrived at 11:20am and were told our reservation was for 11am and we could not be seated at this time. The hostess saw the crestfallen look on Leilani and my face and quickly said "But I can definitely fit you in at 12:30pm." I was so relieved! I thanked her and then told Leilani we can now browse the store. She enjoyed that! We returned at 12:15pm and were quickly seated. Leilani enjoyed Bitty Bites (which consists of a mini burger, mini hotdog and fries), while I thoroughly enjoyed a chicken salad.
By the time dessert came we were stuffed. We did manage to eat the chocolate mousse though! I settled the bill and looked down at my watch and was surprised to see that it was 1:40pm! I looked at Leilani and told her she needs to get her feet working if we were going to make our show.
I have been anticipating this show since Mike bought the tickets for it back in July! Leilani was excited since Christmas. We hightailed it down to 46th St and Broadway to the Lunt-Fontainne theater. We were among the lucky ticket holders to see the sold out showing of The Little Mermaid on Broadway! This would be Leilani's very 1st Broadway experience. I was teary-eyed with the sheer joy of sharing this moment with her.
We arrived just as the theater doors opened. We made our way to our seats which were perfect orchestra seats, and settled ourselves for the experience. The show was simply beautiful! Our favorite princess came to life before our eyes. The costumes were amazing, the scenery beautiful, and the acting superb. We adored every minute of it. Afterwards, we ordered the cast CD (which should arrive February 2nd) and a magnet as a memento of our experience.
It was a perfect day spent with my little girl. We walked back to meet up with Mike and Christopher at the parking garage and they told us all about thier visit to the Nintendo store and thier lunch and time spent at Mars 2112. Leilani and I spent the whole ride home bursting into song every few minutes. I couldn't have asked for anything better!
If it’s not broken, don’t fix it
5 years ago





2 comments:
That is special! Abi and I see a broadway play at least 1 time per year...:) It is fun to go into the city...We saw Mary Poppins 2x's last year...I wanted to see Beauty and the Beast before it closed but she said she was done with princesses...so sad. I would love to see the Little Mermaid..I do think it will be with my younger daughter Ava though...
How was Mary Poppins, Melissa? Leilani is trying to convince other girls in her girl scout troop to go to a Broadway show in June as thier end of the year incentive trip. Lion King or Mary Poppins are the options.
Post a Comment