A few weeks back I decided that I would organize my scrap nook. It was just plain ole' messy and it did little to foster creativity. I wasn't capable of utilizing the majority of the embellishments I have collected because as the saying goes Out of sight, out of mind.
This is the before pic:
It was not well organized, the desktop didn't have enough room for me to actually work on it which meant I had to go to the dining room to scrap therefore out of reach of my supplies, and I didn't have easy access to my papers.
This is the after:
I only added a couple of things...
* Another 12x12 Sterlite paper holder. I organized my printed paper into categories and gave them each a drawer. The bazzil I kept in the paper holders and the cropper hopper.
* A couple of photo boxes to store my croperdile and other smaller cutting tools and photos of course.
* Lined Baskets. I organized my embellishments in them. This way I can just take down the Disney one when I am working on Disney, floral embellishments when I am working on a page where I desire to use them on a page and so forth.
* 2 large wicker baskets which I placed on the top shelf of the bookcase. I was really glad I organized this area. I really wasn't happy with how this area looked like before. It was a mishmash of photo albums and scrapbooks and to me always looked messy. I decided to store the scrapbooks in the storage cabinet under the television, moved the dated VHS movies that were formerly there that were never watched and taking up space, and moved those to the attic. This freed up the space for the baskets and a frame making a huge difference immediately.
By moving all this around it made showcasing some of my favorite "1st" pics (first school pics, and hospital pics) the focal point of the top of the bookcase and desk.
I am really happy with how it turned out. I have been itching to scrapbook now, but since I have an assignment due for my Biology class and have to catch up on my reading (the $350 lab kit and microscope come in today), I haven't allowed myself to get lost in my new area yet. Sunday is my official day! While Mike is watching the superbowl, I will be sitting in my nook scrapping my heart out!
If it’s not broken, don’t fix it
5 years ago





5 comments:
all of my albums live under the TV too, I envision that people will look at them and think...cool!, but so far, they just sit under there, unnoticed.
Great job on the clean sweep!
I feel more creative in an organized room as well! Have fun scrappin on Sunday!!!
Ahhh...organizational bliss! Isn't that a great feeling? Nothing makes me happier (besides Niko, Mike, Louie and Chocolate) than a neatly organized area! Being able to find everything when needed, knowing where everything is and not to mention the inspiration to create is just awesome! Great job!! Enjoy the bliss!
Great job on your room!!! :)
Yay for you! I recently organized my scrapbooking area as well and it feels much better. I have lost my scrappy glue though and I cannot continue until I get a new bottle. The pages I am working on need embellishments!
Post a Comment