CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, January 19, 2008

A Little Couple Time

Mike and I always appreciate when Grandma and Grandpa come over for a visit and stay the weekend. This affords Mike and I some much needed "date time". Most of the time we just spend the time running errands together without having to referee Chris and Leilani's squabbles. But sometimes, we plan a date.

Today was one of those days. We did our priority errands first; taking the van to Costco for new tires, and picking up Christopher's Pediasure at Target. Afterwards our "date" began.

Lunch was at our favorite Sushi restaurant. No matter how many times we go here, half way through the meal the both of us always look at each other and say "This is SOOO good!" with a look of pure bliss on our face. The timing is always in sync, and of course we always laugh when it happens.

With a full tummy, we walked over to the movie theater. Today's choice was Cloverfield. The movie was just ok. Since the movie was filmed in amateur camera style, there was alot of movement. This caused Mike's tummy to feel a bit off. Poor thing! Other than that, I would say it was a poor attempt at an American Godzilla movie.

It was great being able to just relax and enjoy our time together, just the two of us. It doesn't happen often, so we take full advantage of it!

2 comments:

Melissa S said...

Love date time!!!!!!!!!! Was wondering about Cloverfield...

Have a great day!!!

Unknown said...

I have wanted to see Cloverfield but the camera motion would make me puke for sure. I had to walk out of Blair Witch years ago and I am sure that I would be worse now in my older age.
Glad you guys had a sitter, I had one too and it was fabulous.