I was bestowed with the awesome opportunity ( by www.houseparty.com) to host a private screening of the new NBC series Lipstick Jungle, a week before its TV premiere. The show is about a Movie Exec Wendy Healy, Editor-in-Chief Nico Reilly, and Fashion Designer Victory Ford who are modern New York career women supporting each other through triumphs and tears that are all part of making it in the Big Apple. It was dubbed the Sex In The City (by the makers of Sex in the City).
I decided to hold the screening in the AM since all the kiddies would be in school and we can watch the show sans interruptions. (Not to mention, I didn't think it would be an appropriate show for kiddies to happen upon...there is a reason NBC has it at the 10pm time slot when all kiddies should be sleeping).
HouseParty sent me awesome goodies for my guests which included Maybelline New York products. It was amazing!
Unfortunately out of the 10 ladies I invited, 4 of them had prior commitments and sent thier regrets. Out of the 6 who RSVP a week ago, 1 had sitter issues, and 3 had kids home with the sickies. So that left me down to 2.
Out of the 2 left, my friend Sandra was the only one that came. Laura, it turned out, had to wait for an important call and sent her regrets via email. No worries! Sandra and I had a good time catching up, eating a little breakfast and then sitting down to watch the premiere episode.
The show was wonderful! The characters are realistic, not as far-fetched as the characters on Sex In The City were. There is a woman there for anyone to relate with. It definitely sparked our interest, and we are looking forward to watching it once it premieres.
Sandra was totally excited with her goody bag! I was too! As a treat, I will gift two lucky readers with the contents of two of the goody bags. Post a comment and try your luck! I will select two lucky recipients on Sunday.
CONGRATS: MELISSA....you are the proud recipient of the Target Scrapbook RAK! Please email me with your addy. I will get your goodies out to you ASAP.
If it’s not broken, don’t fix it
5 years ago





3 comments:
I set my Tivo on Friday to tape this show! I even set it for a season pass! I think the preview look great and I too think I could relate to at least one of the characters. I also really like Brooke Shields and think she is beautiful. I wish I lived close to you because I would have liked to come to your party. It sounds fun!
P.S. Your scrapbook nook looks great! I have a ping pong table with stuff all over it!
Hi Carmen! That is a bummer that so many didn't show..I am sure they missed out...I am so looking forward to this show as well...
I will pm you with my address for the Target RAK! You are soo kind!
How fun! wish I could have been there!!
Post a Comment