CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, January 26, 2008

Do Over Day

Ever had one of those days where nothing goes right and you wish you can just go back to bed and wake up and do it all over? Yes, yesterday was one of those days.

I had a fitful nights sleep...so I woke up not feeling like my usual chipper self. What made things worse, it seems Christopher was having the same exact type of day. (Could it be a Scorpio thing??) Of course when Christopher is having one of these days, it makes for a very stressful morning for me. He whined and fussed about everything. He didn't want to get dressed for school, he didn't want to finish eating his breakfast, he complained about brushing his teeth, and even about putting his coat on.

Needless to say, I walked into the garage stressed out of my mind. I opened the garage door, buckled Christopher in and started backing out slowly. Suddenly I heard a crack. I instinctfully pressed the brakes and looked to the passenger side and sure enough my what I feared happen did. In my stressful fit to get Christopher in the car I failed to close the passenger side view mirror. As a result, I cracked the cover to the mirror! I pulled the car back in and went to survey the damage. Thanfully the mirror itself was fine, but the cover was unsalvagable. I was so upset. How can I forget to close the mirror! I do it automatically as soon as I strap Chris in his booster, but this morning I had to forget.

The rest of my day was spent in a fog. I kept beating myself up for being so forgetful. I wished I could curl into bed, but that was not about to happen. I had girl scouts today. Then Leilani had Pizza and a Movie night, so there was no way I could back out of either, even if I wanted to. I came home to call the dealership to see how much it would be to repair the damaged cover. Unfortunately the cover can not be replaced without replacing the mirror too (who knew that all this is attached to each other), so the part would cost $206! Factor in labor cost for an additional $100....It is $306 we can not afford right now. The cover would need to wait to be replaced after the $576 expenses on school materials I required for my class. For now, I will have to look at the black taped side view mirror cover until we can afford to replace it.

I wish I could do over that morning again.

1 comments:

Melissa S said...

Oh I can relate...both in bad days and the car mirror. I broke ours just like yours...just the outside..the mirrow was fine...but it cost us over 500.00 with labor. Crazy I tell ya for a small part! Hope your next day is better.