CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, January 07, 2008

Mother Nature's At It Again

At this moment, on the Jersey Shore, it is an unseasonably 64 degrees with bright sunshine. Not that I am complaining. I say, Mother Nature bring it on! What stinks is we all know that this is not normal for January and a cold blast will hit us soon and we will be brought to the harsh reality.

One thing for sure, this weather puts me in an awesome mood. I am not a fan of the cold weather. Not a fan of hot either. But sixties and clear skies and abundant sunshine, that is what I am all about.

I get that the weather is nice out, but why on Earth, do some individuals feel that this weather is a clear sign for them to whip out the short shorts and flip flops??? HELLO???? #1 we are in New Jersey, and #2 we are in the month of January??? Chris and I just went to the supermarket to get some of the ingredients I was missing for Leilani's favorite Chicken & Broccoli braid, and what should come before our eyes as we approach the supermarket doors but a woman approximately in her 40's wearing a pair of just barely Daisy Dukes and a tshirt. I was not the only one in shock, Chris blurted out "Mommy, that lady is funny, she is wearing shorts in January!" I know she heard him because the lady directly behind her told Chris "That is funny sport, guess some people can't wait till summer."

From the mouth of babes!

0 comments: