CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Ouch!

My school break is quickly coming to an end. Next Monday the Spring semester commences and with that my Biology course. So like any good student, I decided to go to the campus bookstore today to get the necessary textbooks I would be required to obtain for said course.

Here it is! Final cost? $229!!!! OUCH! Why do text books have to cost so much? Isn't it enough that the course cost roughly that much per credit? Geez Louise! I nearly passed out when I reluctantly pluncked down my credit card on the counter to pay for it. But it's done. I am prepared to begin this new semester and hopefully excel in it as I have my past courses.

Afterwards, I decided to go make a return at Toys R Us. Past few weeks it has been a madhouse, and there was no way I was going to get caught up in the sea of returns. Especially when I was just returning one lonely little action figure Christopher didn't want. I've never had to return an item Leilani has received because she didn't like it. There has never been a toy or game little miss hasn't liked. Not so with Christopher! Last year we had to return 3 items. This year it was the Sao Feng action figure he recieved to compliment his Black Pearl ship he was so happy to get for Christmas. One look at it and he said "I don't want that." We tried to convince him it would be fun to have a variety of different characters. No way, he wasn't biting.

So I left Sao Feng in his packaging and placed him in a bag with the receipt at the door. Since the campus bookstore is near Toys R Us, I decided I would make the exchange today. Good thing I waited! I managed to get two deluxe action figures for the price we paid for Sao Feng! SCORE! I managed to get him Will Turner and Davey Jones. They each came with accessories to further Christopher's Pirate of the Carribean playing imagination.

He was elated to get 2 more action figures. Here's Chris playing with them all!


Ahhh, gotta love a great deal!

5 comments:

Melissa S said...

I love a bargain...and I haven't been to Target yet....and by the time I do all the goodies will be far gone for sure:(

That pirate ship looks awesome..I bet Ajay would love it!

Shai said...

Hello this is my first time posting. I think LOL. I have seen other sites with a very similiar name.

$229 for books!!!! I have been out of college for almost 10 years. My daughter starts this fall(God willing) and I need to know just how many books did you get for that price? Were they brand new or used?

I am freaking out over here. I know it costs a ton now. Boy, oh boy.

Scrapping My 2 Precious Gems said...

Hi Shai! Thanks for dropping by.

$229 was for just one book...the one lonely textbook I pictured there. I had to buy it new because it has some online access CDrom in it that is only effective for 6 months. It definitely is expensive. Especially the science, psych and math textbooks.

My tip for your daughter....have her bring you the list of textbooks as soon as she can access the syllabus. There are some online stores that sell the texts for way cheaper than the college bookstore. Just have to be certain which edition the professors want and of course if they come with an online access CD.

Good luck!

Shai said...

Wow! And my daughter will be majoring in psychology. Geez! At least a CD-Rom comes with it and it ups its value. Thanx for the info and stopping by my blog. Good luck with your studies.

Unknown said...

yeah....why are textbooks so much? That one always got me.
Your little guy is too cute, reminds me of my kid, always loves the action figures.