Today, after volunteering at Leilani's school, I picked up Christopher from school and went to his ped's office. Today was a day I was dreading. Christopher was going for his 5 year old well visit. Many of us know this as the visit of many tears, for it is at this visit they get innoculated not once, not twice, but three times! Polio, DTP, & MMR. In Christopher's case he ended up with 4 (Varicella).
I felt even worse since he went there not knowing this would be happening. Leilani is my informed child....you can tell her something is going to happen, she may get the jitters, but she accepts it. Christopher on the other hand, if you forwarn him he is going to get shots, he will be screaming bloody murder even before he arrives at the doctors office! I hate doing that, but it is the only way we can get through the visit with him.
No parent enjoys holding their child down while the nurses get this done either. But it's done. He cried for a while. He whimpered through lunch, and he is now watching Sponge Bob on the couch with two warm compresses on his sore arms.
Poor Little Guy. The upside is that he's ready for Kindergarten.
If it’s not broken, don’t fix it
5 years ago





2 comments:
OMG!!!!! HI!!!!!!! i definately did not recognize you from your pic!! that is so awesome!! so great to hear from you!! can you tell i am excited?????!!! lol!! now we can visit each other!! yay!! so glad that you found me!!! *hugs*
Awww...poor baby! I hate having to hold Niko when he gets his shots as well. It just totally goes against our motherly instinct to protect our babies. Hugs and kisses for my little guy.
Post a Comment