Wait a minute!!!! Wasn't it just yesterday that I was drying tears off Leilani's face because it was the last day of school? Unbelievable how fast the summer whizzes by. In 4 short weeks Leilani and Chris will be back to school. Leilani as a vibrant 3rd grader and Christopher as an energetic Preschooler.
One thing that really gets to me is dealing with crowds. Because of that I am one of those individuals who is done with thier Christmas shopping by the first week in November! Yeah yeah, I know people always tend to say "I HATE you!" while they are armed with a wishlist a mile long. It is then that I am sitting back and really enjoying the holidays. Stopping to look at the holiday lights and displays. The crowds take the joy out of the holidays. Mainly because people can be downright NASTY. So I avoid them any way I can.
Same goes for back to school shopping. I tend to have mine done by the 2nd week in August. I started my shopping on Wednesday. The first thing I do is go through the kids closets to see what they can salvage from last years wardrobe. Usually Leilani needs all new items while Chris, who is a peanut, tends to just require a couple of new tops.
This year it was the other way around. Absolutely NONE of Christopher's pants fit him! He had to have grown 3 inches this summer. Since I see him everyday I don't see the change. Especially since he wears shorts everyday. But boy did I notice when I tried on all his jeans! Not one fit him! Wow! Mike was shocked by that news. Leilani on the other hand fit into all her jeans but 2 of them. I guess it helped that I had bought them a little big last year.
Wednesday I went to the outlets and Thursday I went to the mall armed with a list of what each of them require. I was able to complete Christopher's shopping. I was able to get her gym clothes and a couple of skirts but I couldn't get her any tops. Everywhere we went all they had were short sleeve tops. She doesn't need any since she has lots of tops from the summer she can still wear for the month or so of hot weather we have at the beginning of the school year. I just told Mike I will pick those up as the new fashions come in.
I think they made out pretty well! They are set to go back in school in style!
If it’s not broken, don’t fix it
5 years ago





2 comments:
I don't even want to THINK about back to school shopping, darn kid grew like a foot this summer and needs all new uniforms...sheesh! LOL
Wow! Boys seem to grow a few inches when they go through thier growth spurt. When does he go back to school?
Post a Comment