The middle of the week....the slow never ending part is behind you...the fun weekend is just within your grasp!
It has been dreary, rainy, and chilly here for the past 3 days. No fun! School is back in session in two weeks and we have to spend this precious time indoors. :o(
Although I was glad to spend the time indoors yesterday. Yesterday was our 75 day mark for our Disney Cruise. WOOHOO! I know, I know, what is so special about day 75? Usually day 90 is special....60...30....and of course 10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2....and the ever anticipated 1!
Well for first time cruisers, Day 75 means that we can go online and book our excursions, sign up for the kids clubs, and the ever important Palo dinner or brunch reservation. Palo is a big deal for us because it is the ONLY restaurant where it is adults ONLY. Seeing that we are using this trip to celebrate our 10 years as husband and wife, I wanted to plan something special for just the two of us.
In order to do so I had to wake up at 3am!!!! Yes that is right 3am. I could have waited till I woke up on my own, but it seems that every parent wants to get away for some strictly uninterrupted adult time during the cruise so this place fills up QUICK! We were already at a slight disadvantage. Any repeat cruisers get the luxury of making thoer reservations at the 90 day mark. So of course that gives them a whole 15 day leg up on us. Ressies open up at midnight Pacific Time, so that means I have to be up at 3am Eastern Time.
I set the alarm for 2:50am so I can boot up the computer. Went downstairs for a quick drink of water, and then was ready to attack. I quickly logged into the system and went swarmed right into the Palo reservations.
It took forever for the screen to bring up the availability. A whole century later it finally came up. My heart fell....from what I can see on the screen all the dinner ressies were gone. Which is ok, I didn't want dinner ressies....from my vantage point all the brunch were booked also. But I noticed that there was still some screen to scroll down to. I kept scrolling and there...all the way in the bottom....was one brunch opening. 12pm-1:30pm.
WOOHOO!!!! I was on cloud 9!!! That is the exact time I wanted! I wasn't going to be picky of course if they only had 10:30am. Palo reservation is a coveted ressie after all. So I quickly registered and am happy to report we will have our romantic brunch perched way up high on the Disney Wonder!
After that I registered Leilani and Christopher for the kids club, and reserved our excursions. Of course with the excitement it took me another hour to get back to sleep. Of course that meant that yesterday I was Pooped! It was nice that it was raining. This meant that I can get a little nap in while Chris and Lei were entertained playing in thier rooms.
Today we are in for some more rain! Hopefully I can use the dreary weather to motiviate me to scrap! Wish me luck!
If it’s not broken, don’t fix it
5 years ago





1 comments:
Oh Yikes! 3am??? I will have to do that as well soon! We are cruising spring break...Key West, Grand Cayman and then Cozumel...I have to check in to doing things online...since we are repeaters I can sign up at 90 days...When are you going and what is your first name??? I have known you forever just as mom2chrisleilani...
Melissa;)
Post a Comment