CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, August 11, 2007

1st Annual "My Favorite Things" Party

Was a smashing success! I had an incredible time. It was so much fun being in the company of friends (made a few new ones too!) and being able to let go of every care and just be girls!

Joann brought over her paraffin machine and I was able to use it for the first time. I loved it! I dipped both my hands and feet in the hot wax. It felt amazing. And afterwards my feet and hands were so incredibly soft. I am definitely putting it in my wish list for Christmas.

Each of us brought a dish to share with everyone. Everything was incredibly tasty. I had spinach salad and peanut butter pasta, pasta salad, and an delish cold cucumber soup that Sandra made from her grandma's old recipe. The spread was a light and delish.

After playing a game of "Would You Rather" (hilarious questions!) and making an adorable deco flip flop craft, we went inside and traded gifts.

It felt like Christmas! We all loved all our items. It was wonderful being able to treat each other to gifts for "us". So often we place the wants and desires of our family first, that we rarely treat ourselves to a small gift. This get together made us the center of attention.

All of us raved at how much fun we had. Tracy said this will be an annual event. Most of us can't wait! I am already dreaming up ideas for gifts for next year!

0 comments: