CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Can't Stand the Heat

I really really really dislike the heat. It drives me nuts. My hair doesn't agree with me (even though I am dire need of a haircut anyway!), I feel all sticky even though I just took a shower, and the poor grass is fried.

Today I reluctantly ventured outside and let the kids frolic in the pool for a bit. They had a ball. Funny thing was when all of a sudden I heard jingling of some sort. I asked Leilani, what's that? Turns out a neighbors dog was on the other side of our fence! Lucky thing we do have a fence. I do not do well with dogs I am not familiar with. He seemed to be having a good time watching the kids enjoying the water. I heard the owner calling for him and I called out to her, but at that moment he bolted across the street to visit some dogs playing in thier yard. I closed my eyes...I couldn't look! I live on a very busy road. Lucky thing the light was red and he didn't get hit. After much chasing the neighbor got her dog back on a leash.

Rest of the day was spent indoors. I started getting things together for my friend Tracy's "My Favorite Things" party which she's hosting this weekend. We are going to get baskets filled with goodies. I can't wait! I decided to go with a scent and aroma theme to my goodies to the girls. I got some yummy Bath & Body Works Hand Gels, Poof sponges, and apple scented tealight candles. I hope everyone likes it. I always need a little inspiration when purchasing items for other ladies. Can't wait to see what everyone else picked. Now I have to think of what to bring along as a edible or drinkable goodie to share....Any suggestions?

0 comments: