CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, August 26, 2007

What AM I Going To Do With You?!?!?!

There are some days when I just don't get Christopher. What makes his mind tick? Why does he do the things he does?

For the whole week Christopher was looking forward to going to the movies to see The Simpsons Movie (I know, I know. Some may be aghast that we let the kids watch this movie. They love the characters and alot of the adult humor goes right over thier head anyway). You'd think on the morning of the movie, he would follow all directions given to him to the T right?

Apparently not.

We all woke up and got dressed. Leilani and I went downstairs and made some cinnamon twists. Chris came down with Mike and we all settled to eating breakfast. Not even two bites into his breakfast, Chris starts complaining that he is full. "Um, Chris if you don't finish eating, you will not be watching the movie. FIRST WARNING.

Chris takes another bite, and then says he has a tummy ache. "Oh so I guess you can't go to the movies with a belly ache huh?" Suddenly his belly feels better but he says it doesn't feel good enough to take another bite. Again I state he will not be watching the movie if he doesn't finish eating. WARNING #2.

He takes yet another bite and now starts making these gagging noises. All of those who know Christopher, know that he has the ability to make himself throw up at a whim. "Oh no you don't! If you make yourself thow up your breakfast you will NOT go to the movies." He starts whining and protesting and continues his gagging show for grandpa. We tell Grandpa not to fall for the act. He starts his gagging and sure enough he completes his venture.

That was it. Now we had to clean him up and the floor up and now he wasn't going. Since it isn't fair to punish Leilani for Christopher's actions I told Mike he would take her while I waited for them at the Barnes and Nobles. Chris spent an agonizing 90 minutes sitting beside me while I sipped my Caramel Macchiato and perused the magazines. Now I am not that mean, I let him look through a couple of books, but he wasn't allowed to play with the train table.

On the way to pick up Mike and Leilani, he apologized and said he would be a good boy. Or at least try. I wished him luck!

I just don't understand how stubborn he can be!

2 comments:

Melissa S said...

Oh my!!...what is it with our Boys? My son is ghastly at times as well. I was glad to see you follow through with your threat of not seeing the movie. He He...and I thought I was the only one to be strict with the kids. Glad to read this tonight.

Unknown said...

Good for you for sticking to it, he was testing you BIG time. I wouldn't have even taken him out of the house, you were nice!
And you shoulda taken them to see Rattatouille, that was better than the Simpsons.