between 8am and 6pm. Umm, to me this isn't a time frame. This is a house arrest sentence. And Verizon has put forth this punishment. Unfortunately, from the moment we have moved to our quaint little house, we have become accustomed to scheduling a visit with the phone company the same way I schedule my yearly visit to my GYN.
Unlike the underwire telephone network in place in New York City, our suburban town has the antiquainted tall wooden cross phone lines that adorn our streets every couple of hundred feet or so. This means that the lines are suceptible to nature...of every kind. It never fails, once a year, a techie needs to come to our house to listen to the irritating static on my line. He does the ritual of checking "the box" or what they refer to as the "interface" on the side of my house. Then they take a ride over to the main switch area 2 miles down the road. It is there that it is discover, without fail, that a squirrels nest has been built there and it seems that the critters have chewed on the wiring. They fix it and all is well....for a year at least.
Tomorrow is my yearly appointment. Thankfully my friend Kathy can take and pick up Christopher from school. I am praying that I am fortunate enough to be one of the first ones on the technicians schedule tomorrow. But I am prepared to sit and wait...and wait....and wait.
If it’s not broken, don’t fix it
5 years ago





0 comments:
Post a Comment