That is actually a big thing to say considering I was babysitting all morning and only got to go out to the stores once Christopher came home from school. And that, in and of itself is AMAZING since usually I give up shopping when he's around. Today however he was extremely well behaved. I will have to take him to the park or something tomorrow.Well, I found the dress for Leilani's 1st Communion that I will wear. Being in in-between sizes is very frustrating for me. Some things fit nice, others are BLAH. I went in with the intention of buying a skirt and a sweater blouse. Since I am not very tall the skirt I liked in the catalog, looked totally hideous on me. It is definitely a dress for a tall, lean model....like that in the picture! Then I ran into this dress. They didn't have my size in the Pink Ash color, so I tried it on in the black. It fit very nicely. But my heart was set on the Pink Ash. I mean, black is nice and all, but I don't want to be in stark contrast with my little girl. Black is so gloomy too. So I went to the Customer Service desk and asked if they had it in my size in the color I desired. Of course I knew they were going to say whatever was out on the floor is what was in stock. So I asked, do you happen to know if the store in the next town over carries it. They made the proper phone calls and VOILA! The stars were aligned in my favor, because sure enough, they had it! So I hightailed it out of the store, secured Christopher in the car, and drove off. I had exactly 1 hour to go, purchase, and make it back in time for Leilani's school bus. I did it, with 10 minutes to spare!
So that means I am all ready for Leilani's big day! All I need to get is a pair of nice inexpensive shoes.....
If it’s not broken, don’t fix it
5 years ago





0 comments:
Post a Comment