CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, March 18, 2007

Jenn's Baby Shower

Yesterday, the family and I woke up bright and early at 7am to start getting ready to head up North. I was to meet up with Nancy at 10:30am, make a quick little pit stop at Cross County Mall to search for Leilani's gloves for her 1st Communion Pictures, and then head to CT for Jenn's Baby Shower; Mike and the kids were going to spend the afternoon with Grandma Auri. We showered, ate and were packed in the car and ready to go by 8:30am. Nancy called right when we were going to head out the door to make sure we were still on (NY was slammed with 6 inches of snow and ice. We here on the Jersey Shore got about an inch and a half of hail).

Everything was going as planned. I studied one of the novels I need to read for my Monday World Lit class. At 9:35am Nancy called and said to meet her at Cross County Mall. The roads were a little treacherous around her house and the main roads were easier to navigate. She SAID she would be leaving her house in 20 minutes. At 10am we arrived at Cross County Mall. I decided since Nancy is notorious for arriving late, Mike and the kids can accompany me to the children's boutique to look for Leilani's gloves. I found the perfect pair! They have little pearls that match her dress and veil. We purchased it on the spot. Now she is completely dressed for her pictures!

We then went in search of a couple of cards for the baby shower gifts. It is hard to imagine that the ONLY card store in Cross County, or in the vicinity for that matter, went out of business! So I remembered that supermarkets tend to have a Hallmark section. So off we went to Stop & Shop and picked up the cards. We went and parked closer to the entrance to Cross County and there began our wait for Nancy. At 10:30am I gave her a call. It was close to an hour since I had spoken to her last and she was STILL AT HOME!!!! I couldn't believe it! She said she would be on her way. So we waited.....and waited.....and waited. At 11:30am I call again. She calmly says "I can't talk now, I need both hands, be there in a few." HUH! In a few???? Girl, we spoke at 8:30am and you were supposedly getting ready. Then at 9:30am, you were heading out the door in 20 minutes and would be on your way. Here we are 2 hours later and you are still not here?!?!

I watched as the minutes on the clock ticked by. Mike asked if we had the directions handy to get to the place, of course I thought since we were arriving to the rendevous point with Nancy early, I wouldn't need them. Finally at 11:48am, she finally arrived. I quickly took the gifts and Jenn's swaps out of the car, packed them in Nancy's car, said goodbye to Mike and the kids and we were out. OK, so maybe we will arrive by 12:30-12:45pm.

Did I mention that Nancy drives like a speed demon??? Oh yeah!!!! As we drive along, with my heart beating a mile a minute and my nerves going the 80 miles per hour that Nancy is driving, we managed to chat the whole way, get into traffic while in the left lane of the turnpike, where Nancy weaseled her way all the way across the span of the 3 lane highway off the exit, did 2 uturns looking for I-95, even backed up in the highway when we missed the exit, and arrived safely at our destination at 12:10pm. Did I mention that this is typically a 30 minite drive without TRAFFIC, Uturns, and backups??? I said a silent prayer to our Lord and savior for definitely watching out for me and Ms. Evil Kanivel. Nancy was so happy to know that we only arrived 10 minutes late and that I wouldn't be too upset with her. Lord, please bless Mrs. Lead Foot when she is out and about. I suppose this is what she does when she knows she is chronically late! LOL

We checked in and walked up the stares to the banquet hall where Jenn's Shower was being held. We greeted her mother and grandmother and then spotted Jenn chatting with some friends. She simply GLOWED! She is your catalog picture of what a happy pregnant woman should look like. Nancy and I were so excited to see her. Jenn had us and her other closest friends seated with her at her table. We had a wonderful afternoon chatting about everything under the sun. And her gifts! WOW! Reminds me of my shower with Leilani. Baby R will want for nothing!

The hours zoomed by, the gifts were open, and it was time to say goodbye. We gave our hugs and kisses to Jenn and her baby bump, knowing full well that the next time we see her, we will be seeing her with the little bundle of joy sleeping soundly in her arms!

0 comments: