CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, March 29, 2007

March Madness

Ever have one of those days where you are not your usual self? I am a self proclaimed morning person. I tend to get up when the sun rises and an chipper and ready to go. With the exception of today. It seems that from the moment I woke up till about 4pm, I was crabby. And I don't like it, not one bit. It is so NOT me...

I suppose we are entitled to be not our usual self sometimes. I guess you can say that my interactions of the morning kinda helped set the mood.

- After realizing that I forgot to put a note in Leilani's backpack to serve as a reminder to her teacher that today was girl scout day and she would not be taking the bus home, I decided to call the school and leave the teacher a message. This is the first time that I forgot the note. So when the secretary answers the phone I explain that I normally put a note in the backpack letting the teacher know that Leilani will be meeting me at the main office for girl scouts but today I didn't realize it till she was already on the bus..blah, blah, blah. Well, the secretary takes the message and then proceeds to reprimand me stating that the teacher needs this in writing next time. Ummm....Did I not tell you lady that after 6 months of writing notes this is the FIRST time I forgot to send one in??? Give me a darn break!

- I normally take Christopher and my friend's son to school, and she picks him up and brings him home. On several occasions she has asked that we reverse the order. This usually would not bother me, but what irks me is when she does pick him up, she picks him up late. Which in essence gets him late to school in the process. I had spoken to her about this before and she did correct the behavior...for a bit anyway. Today Chris was not picked up till 9:27am. Start time is 9:30am. Ay ve! When she arrived I quickly buckled him in and said my goodbyes to him. I didn't say a word because I did not want to sound mean. I know I was already having a crabby day, so I decided to leave it at that. Thankfully this is only preschool!

- Over the weekend, Grandma Auri stated that she wanted to get the "Happy Feet" movie for Christopher's Easter Basket. She poured over every advertisement and determined that Circuit City had the best price. Before she left on Tuesday Morning I told her maybe it would be a good idea if she left me the money and I can go pick it up for her. No, she stated. She would be going to the store Wednesday and she can get it herself. You sure about that, I asked, the store is a bit of a way for you and you have often time mentioned that the store is notorious for not having sale items in stock. No, they will have it she said. OK..... This morning I get a call from her asking desperately for me to run to the store as soon as I can and pick up the "Happy Feet" movie. Of course they did not have it in stock. Call me once you have it, she stated before saying our goodbyes. No problem. I pick Christopher up from school, take the ride to Circuit City and pick up the 2 copies of Happy Feet DVDs. Upon leaving the store I call her and let her know, Mission Accomplished. She proceeds to ask me if I am certain I got the right movie. HUH?? Yes I got the right movie. "Are you sure? There are two penguin movies." Ummm yes, I am aware of that, and yes I know I got the right movie. "Are you sure? It is the one with the dancing penguins." she asked. Excuse me, but #1, there is only one penguin movie that was released on Tuesday. #2 you were showing me at MY HOUSE in MY Advertisements the movie you wanted. And #3, I was the one that told you that it was a movie that Christopher loved. I held my breath and counted backwards from 10. The day is bound to get better EVENTUALLY!!!

Thankfully I can say that my little 4 year old monster assured that it did. I sometimes talk out loud when I am frustrated and said once I got myself in the car. "UGH! What is wrong with people? Is today make Carmen Tick Day??" To which he responded "No, Mom. It isn't. People are just silly sometimes." I couldn't help but laugh. I looked in the rear view mirror at my little handsome 4 year old and gave him a huge smile. I got one back from him. And I told him "Christopher, you just made Mommy's day all better. You are so funny, and I love you so much for being you!"

"I Love you too Mommy!" he responded. After spending the whole morning in a funk, he came at the right time and said just the thing to lift it! I love him with all my heart!

0 comments: