CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Kids Say the Darndest Things!

I am being so spoiled this week with this wonderful weather! It is mid-March and we have been blessed with gorgeous upper 60-lower 70's degree days. I have been enjoying every minute of it. I wish I could say that the temps will be here to stay, but unfortunately we are expected a cold front by the weekend. BRRRR! I am not looking forward to it.

One thing that I love is knowing that a to do list that was jam a mile long has had every item in it crossed off. And in a day to boot! Leilani's birthday is Monday. Being that this weekend is jam packed with activities (a baby shower and a family gathering) and Leilani opted to have lunch at the American Girl Cafe in NYC on Monday with Mike and I over a big birthday party at a party place, we decided that we would do a little gathering for her here in the house on Friday afternoon. She loves the movie High School Musical, so I thought a pizza, sundaes and a movie would fit the bill. Of course having a little something at home means I still have to prep.

-Organize the house to accomodate 8 friends
-Go to Costco and pick up juice boxes & candy bars for goodies
-Go to AC MOORE and pick up some sort of craft to entertain the kids before the pizza arrives
-Dollar store run, for all paper products
-Supermarket run for Ice Cream, Whipped Cream, sprinkles, chocolate syrup, and popcorn
-Target, check out dollar spot for a little token gift for attendees

on top of these things:

-deliver last batches of Girl Scout cookies that are taking up room in my garage
-box up 24 boxes of GS Cookies to be shipped off to FL
-Do my online class assignments (YES, this doesn't disappear...at least not yet!)
-Study for exam for World Lit Class

I shocked myself yesterday by being able to complete each and every task on my list!
Go me!

I will close this entry with a ROFLMAO experience I had with Christopher today:

Usually on Wednesdays I watch my friend's son who is 3, while she goes and takes a class at the library. She in turn picks up and drops off Christopher at school along with her 5 year old son who happens to be in the same class. I must add, J (my friend's 3 year old) is yet to be potty trained. It seems that he goes #2 on a schedule, and it never fails that I am blessed with changing this highly scented movement each and every Wednesday. Today was no different. Well....only difference was that J did it at the moment Mom came to pick him up. So as I opened the door I told her that J is due for a diaper change. She changed his diaper and then left.

Once I locked the screen door, I went back to ask Christopher about his day . He looked at me and said "Mommy, J's poopie diaper really smells the WHOLE house! Can I spray?" I told him yes he can. Christopher took the Febreeze spray out of the bathroom and proceeded to spray the family room and EIK area. He got a little spray happy, so I took it from him and put it back. Just then the doorbell rings. It is my friend with her older son. He needed to go potty. She walks in and of course is greeted with the Febreeze aroma. Chris comes running over and states rather nonchalantly, "J's diaper really stinks, I sprayed the house to get the smell out!" Oh my God! I was so embarrassed. My friend just smiled and said "You are too funny." and quickly took her son to the bathroom and left.

Kids say the Darndest things!

0 comments: