I have attended 5 gift auctions in the past and always go with the mindset that I am there for a fun few hours to myself, knowing that I am not going to win anything. Well, my luck has changed! I won! Not only once, but twice! I got a $25 gift certificate for Creative Memories Scrapbook products. I already know what I am getting, by the way! LOL I want to get the wave trimmer. Was eyeing it at the last Memories Expo, but couldn't bear to pay $25 for a trimmer. This is perfect! I don't have to worry about actually paying for it, Yeah Me! The other was a gift certificate to Build A Bear. Since Leilani's birthday is next week, I decided to give it to her. (Lord knows, Chris has TONS of bears adorning his dresser!).
Overall, the PTA did a wonderful job putting together thier first gift auction. We had a really nice time. Only negative was that they did not take into consideration that the event was taking place on a Friday during lent. They were serving Italian subs. I will definitely suggest that if they are going to do it at the same time of year, that they either have a lent friendly fare for us praticing Catholics or have it on a different weeknight. Other than that, it was a tremendous success!
If it’s not broken, don’t fix it
5 years ago





0 comments:
Post a Comment