CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, March 05, 2007

Just One of Those Days....

Ever have one of those days when you know you have a million things to do, but you just don't have the energy or concentration to do any of them? Yeah, that is the type of day I had today. I feel like I am drained of energy and can't light the fire under me.

I did manage to swap out a Disney Cruise Swap I hosted. It turned out really nice. I really enjoyed it. I am sure everyone who joined will love it too. It really feels good to host a swap with talented people and be able to return great items back to them. I can't wait to use everything! I still have a little over 7 months to go.

Well, this morning I had every intention of keeping Leilani home from school, but she woke up and practically begged me to let her go to school. Art is her all time favorite special so she didn't want to miss it. Especially since she knows she will be missing class in 2 weeks in order to go into the city for a family trip to the American Girl Cafe. So I took her temp, (was normal), dosed her up with Robittusin and Tylenol (as a preventative measure) and sent her off to school. All day I braced myself for a call from the nurse. It never came. I had made a doctor's appointment just in case. She got off the bus and told me she was feeling a bit better. I decided, what the heck, let the ped see her anyway. Lucky thing since it turns out she has a sinus infection. She gave us a script and sent us off, also reminding us that she is due for her well visit in a couple of weeks.

Funniest thing happened during the visit. Chris had finally gone for his well visit last week. I have been complaining about his weight gain (or lack thereof). Turns out he weighs what a new 3 year old weighs! Chris is 4 years and 3 months old! He is not even on the growth chart. I pleaded for the doc to give me meds to get him hungry. She said none of the ones on the market really work. But she did tell Christopher that if he doesn't eat he will get a shot. Turns out it worked like a charm! For the past 5 days since that appointment he has been eating each of his square meals. When he saw her today he said " Dr C, I have been eating and you don't have to give me a shot!" She grinned and winked at me and Leilani and said "Good for you Chris, I have the shot in the fridge waiting for you just in case you stop eating." His eyes grew 3 times thier size and he said "Oh no, I am going to eat everything!" LOL Lets see, hopefully he will gain to get to the average size.

0 comments: