CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, December 04, 2006

The Weekend is a Faded Memory

Why is it that during the holiday season the days just zip past faster than you can bat an eyelash? I love the holidays. So for me I wish they would last longer. Before you know it the New Year will be upon us.

Past week was spent running around for odds and ends that I may need for my Christmas Wrapping Frenzy that I will be in all this week. First things first, I have to wrap and package 3 boxes that need to leave the Jersey Shore at 0900 hours on Friday. I like to ship these three boxes off to Miami, Orlando and Houston before the week before Christmas rush. Of course the USPS has a larger margin for error when they have a huge influx of packages higher than the norm. So for me to be nice and calm and not add stress to my life, I ship them off early.

Luckily I was able to do all my running around without having to drag Christopher along since Grandma Auri was with us for the week. And on Saturday, Mike and I were able to spend some time together, just the two of us. Leilani called it "going out on a date!" Yep, sweetie, something like that. We went to IKKO to have sushi for lunch. Wow was it delicious! We were suppose to go to the movies to see Dejavu afterwards, but realized that it was close to the time for the American Girl Movies on the Hallmark channel to start. Since we had promised we were going to record them for her, and we needed to go purchase some blank tapes, we decided to go the next day after The Girl Scout Ornament Making Workshop.

The movie was really good. We really enjoyed it.

Today I didn't send Christopher to school. Yesterday he woke up with his eye swollen. And for fear that it maybe something contagious, I decided to keep him home and take him to his pediatrician. Luckily it turned out to be nothing contagious, just a sty. Nothing some bacitracin and warm compresses can't handle!

Off I am to have a freshly baked chocolate chip cookie! Leilani's after school favorite!

0 comments: