CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, December 23, 2006

It's Hard to Believe...

that in less than 25 hours it will be Christmas Day! Of course our home is stirring with excitement in the anticipation of "Santa" arriving and leaving a load of gifts under the Christmas tree!

On this Christmas Eve Eve we had a fun filled day. The morning started off like it usually does with a cinnamon roll breakfast. Then Mike and I showered and dressed and went off to do a little food shopping. We decided to stop at Barnes and Nobles for some Starbucks and to pick up a book to read to the kids for Christmas Eve. Now we do have the traditional Twas The Night Before Christmas, but I wanted to get them a book detailing the story of what Christmas is really about. We ended up finding a beautiful book called The First Christmas. It is a wonderfully illustrated and detailed story about the birth of Jesus and why we celebrate Christmas. Leilani read it out loud when we got home and she really enjoyed it. We are looking forward to reading it again as a family tomorrow night. Did I mention how PACKED the stores were today? Hmmm I guess the message didn't go out to many that Christmas falls on December 25th every year huh?

I decided to make some coquito today since I knew that my brother, his girlfriend Christine, and her son John were coming over. For those that don't know what coquito is, it is a Spanish Egg Nog. It is primarily made up of cream of coconut. It is DELICIOUS. I made a Virgin one and a "loaded" one. Lets just say that the both bottles are GONE! LOL

We always have such a blast when Raul, Christine, and John come over. We played a partial game of Taboo, ate dinner (enchiladas with rice and pink beans) and exchanged gifts. I was so happy to get the Fergie CD and my favorite gift, the latest Alex Cross book by James Patterson. No waiting till my number 687 comes up at the library for me to read it! No Sirree!!! I can't wait to finish the blog and start reading it! After that we watched Taladega Nights, The Ballad of Ricky Bobby. Christine and I both fell asleep 3/4 of the way through! LOL Let's just say that for a comedy, the movie was a tad bit too long that it lost you.

The holidays are officially upon us! I am so excited! Well I am off to read my book!

0 comments: