CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, December 11, 2006

It's Just Another Manic Monday....

Don't you just hate when you wake up for a potty run at 5am and you just can't fall back to sleep, even though you are thoroughly exhausted?!?! That was me this morning. Hard as I tried to close my eyes and fall back into lala land, it wasn't happening. So after an hour of trying to find sleep, I got up and did a couple of loads of laundry and took my shower. Of course at 12pm I was feeling it. No rest for the weary at that time.

The weekend breezed by as it normally does for us. Saturday we spent at home. We stepped out to go try Arby's for the first time. It was pretty interesting. Of course we were baffled when we heard a little cowbell ring and all the employees stopped what they were doing and yelled "Thank You!" HUH???? We later found out that there is a cowbell at the exit and if you liked your service you should ring it. Interesting....

Sunday after breakfast we took a drive to Queens, NY and visited Bren and Jorge at thier new place. Very cute apartment. We had a great time chatting there. And Bren was a sweetie and made a Flan that was delicious! Even though she doesn't eat it. LOL We exchanged Christmas gifts early since she will be spending Christmas in Atlanta with her sister and brother and thier family this year. She got me a chic Coach Wristlet. LOVE IT! Leilani was so excited that her Nina Brenda bought her a pair of hoop earrings. Of course the time just flew by and before you knew it it was time for us to take the ride back home.

Today I wanted to attempt to write my World Lit paper on Augustine's Confessions, but I was not in the mood. I guess because I knew my mind was weary from lack of sleep. After going food shopping I decided to put on my Santa Elf Ears and do some serious gift wrapping. And indeed I did! I managed to wrap 3/4 of all the gifts in the house. I think I will let Mike wrap the rest if I don't feel up to it. I also picked up Leilani at dismissal instead of waiting for her bus to bring her home since Christopher's playgoup was having thier Christmas party and all siblings were invited. Since it started at 2:30pm, I didn't want to arrive there too late. It was alot of fun! Lori who was hostessing it bought us all these cute snowman mugs and filled them with chocolates. Of course those chocolates are on lock down! If you are under 33 years old, back away!!! Came in really handy at this time of the month!

My Goal for tomorrow: To get that paper over and done with. It is crunch time. I do my best work under pressure, but I know that with sitting for my friends boys on Wednesday, I will not have the concentration necessary to do it then. Wish me luck!

0 comments: