of my life.
It started off like any other ne of my typical mornings. I woke up and got the children ready for school. I took Christopher to school and then went off to pick up Mike's Christmas gifts. I returned to the school and picked up Christopher from school and then went off to run errands with Christopher. I guess you can say it went downhill from there.
Christopher was a bit unruly today. He kept testing his limits while we were at the stores. He threw a tantrum at which I promptly took him out of the store and decided to make my way back home. Along the way he fell asleep so I decided to stop by Laura's house to drop off something she had ordered. I arrive there, shut the engine off and went to take the bag to the door. I walk back to the car and as I put my hand on the car door...."beep"! The car doors locked! And I did not have the keys in my pocket! Not to mention, Christopher was fast asleep!
I looked at my watch and it was 2:55pm. I started knocking on the window in the hopes of waking Christopher. No luck! One thing about my two darlings, is that World War III can erupt and they would keep sleeping! I started to panic. Leilani was already on the bus on the way home. I went to my friends neighbor. He let me use the phone. My mind was reeling. I called Kati. She wasn't home. Then I called the transportation department and as usual, they did not answer. I called Irene and explained my situation. She said she would pick up Leilani from the house. Now back to waking Christopher. He woke up but refused to get out of his carseat.
By now Laura had arrived home. She was wondering why I was on her driveway and was shocked to hear what happened. We called everyone. I called AAA twice. And they said that they did not have me in thier system. They kept asking for the card number. I was loosing my patience. How many times did I have to tell them that my child was in the car with my purse and my car keys?? She let me borrow her car so I Can drive the house and attempt to get onto the house through the garage. I couldn't get the garage door opened. I even asked my neighbor, he couldn't do it either. I drove back and Christopher still was saying he couldn't get out of the carseat. Poor thing was a little scared. Finally I called AAA one last time and got a woman this time. She found my information without a problem. SHe put in the request for a tow company to come to try to open the door. He arrived within 15 minutes of the report. And in less than a minute he had the doors open. Approximately 3 hours after this ordeal started!!!
What I've Learned:
-Always, no matter what, take the keys out of the car! Even if it is a run to the door and back.
-Switch Christopher to an actual booster seat. We have been waiting till he was exactly 30 pounds. Which incidently he finally reached the goal weight this month.
-I have some really great friends. I knew this already, but I so appreciate them even more.
-Not be so rough on myself. I was badgering myself while I was waiting to get Christopher out of the car and Laura said, Hey it is something that can happen to everyone. She's right.
If it’s not broken, don’t fix it
6 years ago





0 comments:
Post a Comment