It is unbelievable to think how quickly the Holiday Season is upon us. The long weekend has come and gone.
Wednesday- Leilani had an early dismissal. Both Leilani and Christopher had Thanksgiving related activities at school. Lei's class had breakfast with a first grade class where the first graders dressed as pilgrims and Lei's second grade class dressed as the indians. It was too cute! Christopher's classmates and himself were asked to bring raisins, cherrios, bite size crackers and dried fruit and they mixed all thier goodies in a huge bowl and made a "Friendship Mix". He came home with his pilgrim hat. It was adorable. Of course I had to take a picture of teh two of them dressed as a Pilgrim and an Indian. Mike came home early and we got started with our weekend.
Thursday- I woke up early and put the ham in the oven. Then we leisurely ate breakfast and got dressed and ready to go to Jeff's house. Leilani was excited that we were going to spend Thanksgiving with her Godfather and Godbrother Matthew. Jeff's dad made the turkey and all the trimmings. Jeff's potato salad came out great after he had fretted so much the day before asking me for directions since this was his first time making it. We brought the Taboo game and got some more people addicted to the game! LOL We headed back home at 7pm, and after a quick stop for an Eggnog Latte, we arrived home and promptly went to sleep.
Friday- I woke up bright and early to get some Black Friday Deals. The lines to check out at Kohls were unbelieveable! The line circled the whole perimeter of the store! After 40 minutes on line I checked out and made my way to Home Depot (in and out in 5 minutes), Kmart (didn't have what I wanted), Target (15 minutes in and out), and Ace Hardware (2 minutes). So I was back home by 8 am. I made some cinnamon rolls and tiptoed upstairs to find Mike and the kids rubbing the sleep off thier eyes. After breakfast we went to the movies to see Happy Feet. It was a really cute movie. We arrived back home and decked the house out for Christmas! It is our favorite holiday so it was such a joy being able to take our favorite decorations out of thier boxes to be enjoyed for the next 6 weeks!
Saturday- Was designated my day! Trish came over and we scrapbooked for a few hours. Since the weather was unseasonably warm, Mike and Leilani spent the time outside stringing the lights on the trees, taking out our outdoor decorations, and putting our icicle lights on the house.
Sunday- Was our lazy day. We were all exhausted from such a busy weekend. We just spent the day watching tv, websurfing, and occasionally going outside to bag some leaves.
Yesterday morning, I ran around making sure Leilani and Christopher were ready for school in time for me to drop Chris off at Kati's house so that I can go to Leilani's parent-teacher conference. The teacher had nothing but good things to say about Leilani. She is doing very well, and is progressing in 2nd grade without a hitch. Afterwards I took Chris to playgroup, and then ran home to wait for Leilani's early dismissal. Kati was giving Spanish class early today which was great since Grandma Auri was coming with Mike.
Today I have been busy looking for online deals for both Dad (he needs a flat screen monitor for little sis) and for my bro (he is looking for a gift for his girlfriend, Christine). And now I am awaiting the arrival of Leilani (early dismissal again!) so that we can play Disney Scene It!
If it’s not broken, don’t fix it
5 years ago





0 comments:
Post a Comment