Well, we postponed our yard sale this weekend due to the impending rain & thunderstorms the weather forecasters were warning us about for Friday and Saturday....
Yesterday turned out to be sunny and a humid 85 degrees. Mike worked from home...which was great since we live on the shore and on this unofficial start to summer means that the traffic back home would have been horrifying for him!
Schools of Higher Learning...
I took advantage and made an appointment with the director of graduate admissions at the local college in order to go over what prerequisites I would need to get my Masters in Education. Turned out to be a wonderful meeting! Originally I was looking to get a K-5 grade certification....he convinced me that in order to maximize my marketability I should get myself certified for K-8th grade. A bonus is that I will also be certified for the learning disabled as well. I start my graduate school educational journey in September. I am looking forward to it!
First Time on My Own/Mother/Daughter Dance...
Once I returned from the college I had a light lunch with Mike and Christopher and then got Christopher ready to go to First Time on My Own. While we were there the heavens opened and we had a 5 minute thunderstorm. By the time we left the school, the sun was out and shining and it was as if nothing had happened, cept for the occasional puddles. When Leilani arrived home from school we went food shopping for the holiday weekend and then returned to get ready for the Mother Daughter Dance. It was sponsored by one of the Junior Girl Scout troops and thier theme was be your favorite movie character. Leilani of course went dressed as a princess....Princess Cinderella to be exact. 7 girls from my troop went and thier moms and we all had a great time. Leilani danced the night away!
Saturday ...
After having breakfast and seeing what a beautiful day it was out, we decided to do a little yardsaling. Funny since we wanted to be the ones doing a sale! LOL But in any case we went and had a great time. Leilani bought a set of nesting dolls and some books to read over the summer and I also got some paperbacks to read at the beach and in the yard this summer.
Ready for the Rest of the Long Weekend...
My brother is coming over tomorrow and we are really looking forward to that. The kids are beside themselves since he will be taking them to see Over the Hedge while Mike and I amd Mariana go to see the Davinci Code. Raul came up with the idea and I thought great! I don't have to wait for the movie on video before seeing it! LOL He knows we don't leave our two with just anyone and he figured this way we can get a couple of hours to see something we want to see. We baked him a cake this morning for his birthday and we will be doing a BBQ lunch for when they arrive....
If it’s not broken, don’t fix it
5 years ago





0 comments:
Post a Comment